1.4 TDI BMS no power

whitE30

TDI
Seat Ibiza
Hi, this thread is about Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI code BMS 80hp that few weeks ago started to lose power. I was going on highway and before anything else noticed big fuel consumption and thought it was about the cold weather but after 160km limp mode came in then check engine so I returned home(few months ago passed the same, on highway limp mode came in but the next day it removed and everything worked fine). Tested it and came out p0403 exhaust gas recirculation - intermitent. The mechanic changed with a new one but I still notice the car is not having enough power (i don t notice the boost but I hear the turbo without weird noises)and of course the fuel consumption is enormous. What can I check? What can I do?
Is my girlfriend s car and I don t trust the romanian mechanics cause most of them are ripping us off, beside that I have to fix it because we need it for a 3000km trip.
I read some possibilities about n75, vacuum lines, reseting ecu, n18 etc. Are these possible issues?
Ps: after he mounted the egr he didn t delete any error with the computer so I don t know if that s the issue here.

Oil and filters changed in 2019 summer + camshaft and clutch.
If you all have some ideas of what to check please let me know, at least to remove some possibilities before calling the mechanic again.
Thank you

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Your best bet is getting fault codes read and fix whatever makes it go into limp mode...i suspect duff n75 or a bad vacuum pump, turbo is not getting the vacuum required to keep vnt mechanism closed and it doesnt spool as such. Where about in Romania are you based ?

gabytzu339

TDI
Skoda Octavia mk1, 1.9 ALH (790k km)
I have a loss of power with this engine as well, not manifesting the same way yours does. I own a Volkswagen Polo that had this engine swapped in prior to me buying it (the original engine was 1.4 tdi 70ps) and it lacks power in the whole rpm range. There are no error codes thrown. The previous owner said it is an ecu related problem. I'd appreciate if you kept us updated.