www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old September 4th, 2013, 00:35   #1
lagunatdi

Default Windesa German Sunshade Blinds for 2013 JSW

Just got my first TDI about a month ago, really enjoying it so far. I'm in So. Cal, so we get a pretty good amount of sunshine here and somewhere in the threads I saw a mention of these sunshade blinds.

I took the plunge and really like them. They took very little time to install, can be removed easily and does knock down the sun heat. They also do make the car look a bit more sleek, almost like I tinted the windows.

Here's the link to the JSW version from their site. They're also available on Ebay from the same company but the price was slightly different.
JSW Link

I was pleasantly surprised how fast I got them, they arrived in a few business days from Germany via some kind of expedited carrier that was delivered by Fedex here.

Installation was easy. A few of the windows have small clips that fit in easily, the the screen goes in. Just reverse to remove. A couple of the windows don't use any clips, the frame of the screen is enough tension. They all fit easily and well. Picture-laden instructions do make it easy. The only minor quibble is the hatchback window's frame is just a tiny bit too small but it's not really very noticeable.

Cost was 142 Euros + 35 Euros for shipping which is about $233.00 USD. (August 2013) - FYI, they drop the VAT tax if shipping to the US.

Last edited by lagunatdi; September 4th, 2013 at 00:35. Reason: missed something
lagunatdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:51   #2
Jettix2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunatdi View Post
Just got my first TDI about a month ago, really enjoying it so far. I'm in So. Cal, so we get a pretty good amount of sunshine here and somewhere in the threads I saw a mention of these sunshade blinds.

I took the plunge and really like them. They took very little time to install, can be removed easily and does knock down the sun heat. They also do make the car look a bit more sleek, almost like I tinted the windows.

Here's the link to the JSW version from their site. They're also available on Ebay from the same company but the price was slightly different.
JSW Link

I was pleasantly surprised how fast I got them, they arrived in a few business days from Germany via some kind of expedited carrier that was delivered by Fedex here.

Installation was easy. A few of the windows have small clips that fit in easily, the the screen goes in. Just reverse to remove. A couple of the windows don't use any clips, the frame of the screen is enough tension. They all fit easily and well. Picture-laden instructions do make it easy. The only minor quibble is the hatchback window's frame is just a tiny bit too small but it's not really very noticeable.

Cost was 142 Euros + 35 Euros for shipping which is about $233.00 USD. (August 2013) - FYI, they drop the VAT tax if shipping to the US.
Any pics on your car? I had a similar thing in my Volvo XC90 and they were nice, but not nearly as pricey......
Jettix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 13:55   #3
bateau

Side-rear window sun blind for JSW?
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3774582
bateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 17:11   #4
Racerman27410

I've had my blinds for about a year now in my JSW and they are still doing the job and looking good. Well worth the coin in my book and they do a fine job of reducing the need for tint. Here in NC there is an extra 15 dollar fee during our yearly inspection if you have tint so this is my way around that.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 20:24   #5
poweredbytdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 JSW TDI

+1 for these and similar experience. I don't use the rear window one because it's hard to see. I have legal limit tint for WI so this allows me to feel better about having darker windows. They rear side panels stay in up to 85MPH with the windows down. I have not had need to test higher speeds.
poweredbytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 23:14   #6
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbytdi View Post
+1 for these and similar experience. I don't use the rear window one because it's hard to see. I have legal limit tint for WI so this allows me to feel better about having darker windows. They rear side panels stay in up to 85MPH with the windows down. I have not had need to test higher speeds.
I agree. I have them too. My favorite feature is related to your statement. I often open a rear window for ventilation when driving around town (when it is not so hot that AC is required). The sun shades cut way down on the turbulence, wind, and the buffeting while letting in fresh air. They are easily removable, but mine have never been removed since they were installed a year or two ago. No complaints about them at all.

Have Fun!

Don
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:05   #7
msantram
Veteran Member

+11 on these shades.

one of the best additions out there. wind and light come in, heat and dust stay out.
Old September 5th, 2013, 22:10   #8
lagunatdi

I'll take a couple pics and post them. I thought about that when I was writing.
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:19   #9
tariq
Veteran Member

+100 on these pop in shades. With the way the JSW trim around the windows is recessed, it's almost as if it were designed for shades like this. I was also amazed at how quickly my order arrived from Germany. Less than 5 days, and that even included a weekend.
tariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 09:25   #10
dpg
Veteran Member

Would love to see some pics of it with the windows rolled up and down. Just upgraded from a '10 to a '13 and need to tint the windows but this looks like a viable option

dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 14:05   #11
tariq
Veteran Member

Most of the time, the sunshades will appear like regular black tint from the outside unless one is really close. Here is what it looks like at closer distances and from the inside looking out on a bright day.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2013.38.42.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014.44.51.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014.45.31.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2014.45.12.jpg
tariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 18:39   #12
MontrealTDI
Veteran Member

Love mine, efficient ordering (Germany lol), got it 2 days later with the VAT taken off. Fantastic purchase.
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:29   #13
dpg
Veteran Member

Thanks for the pics! Helps a lot to see what they look like close up. Definitely will have to think about this one

dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:54   #14
ksing44
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealTDI View Post
Love mine, efficient ordering (Germany lol), got it 2 days later with the VAT taken off. Fantastic purchase.
Is it true that we don't have to pay the VAT if we buy from the US? Did they credit your card after the purchase?
2010 Golf TDI - (BGM), 4-Dr, 6-M, Sunroof, Xenon, Dynaudio, Nav (RNS-510), Euro light switch, 9W7 BT, R Tinted LED Tail Lights, Monte Carlo 17" x 7.5" ET47 Wheels, 235/45/17 Tires, P3Cars Digital Interface, Sonniboy sunshades, CP3 HPFP: 11/8/2016 @139,848 miles, The Fix: 9/27/17 @153,289 miles

Flickr slideshow
ksing44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2013, 21:21   #15
lagunatdi

No VAT if they're shipping to the US. As you go through checkout the VAT will disappear as you get to the end.