Looking for help with TB replacement southern NM

imenthused281

TDI
03 Jetta
Hey everybody- about to do a cross-country trip to Maine in May and I am likely overdue for timing belt maintenance- no knowledge of when it was last done but the car is at 220k miles. Prefer to do with myself but have only changed a TB on an 82 caddy so feeling a bit out of my league. Trusted mechanics list only shows one garage, in Santa Fe, and I'm in Las Cruces. Anybody have either advice on a garage I can trust, or the free time/know-how to supervise me in changing it? Not looking for free help, willing to pay for it. Thanks!

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Hey everybody- about to do a cross-country trip to Maine in May and I am likely overdue for timing belt maintenance- no knowledge of when it was last done but the car is at 220k miles. Prefer to do with myself but have only changed a TB on an 82 caddy so feeling a bit out of my league. Trusted mechanics list only shows one garage, in Santa Fe, and I'm in Las Cruces. Anybody have either advice on a garage I can trust, or the free time/know-how to supervise me in changing it? Not looking for free help, willing to pay for it. Thanks!
I have done ten timing belts on ALH, one BEW, one BRM. I have a shop with a two-post lift. I am not local to you (approx 900 miles), but i would be willing to help.