Royal Automotive is the devil and hates my car!

splash07s

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6M
Royal Automotive - Only take your car there if you are trying to commit insurance fraud or you hate your car and are sadistically obsesed with torturing it. I chose Royal becasue they have a body shop that is associated with a VW dealer, and I hoped they would at least be familiar with the TDI cup cars and thunderbunny parts, they were not. I was first told they knew it was a special bumper and could get it, then they backed tracked and said that the bumper could not be gotten even as an aftermarket part. I found one in about 30 seconds, they then told me that it was too much hassel to get it and that they were going to put a stock bumper on the car and if I wanted the thunerbunny it would be my responsibility to get it, bring it to them, and get reimbursed by the insurance company. That is when I decided to have the car fixed at my shop here. I Asked that the car be taken to the service center and repaired mechanically so I could drive it back to my shop as insuracne would not pay to have it towed that far. I also asked that all parts, broken or otherwise, be put into the car (sopme people were interested in purchasing the damaged bumper). I was told that a new wheel was reuired and would be put on the car with a new tire. I went to pick up the car and when I got there only about half of the parts that were taken off the car were put into it. Among the missing parts was the driver's side fender. Also I notivced that the damaged wheel was put back on the car with a new tire and was rotated to the back. I just had a tire rotation done less than 1000 miles ago so they effectively rotated the bald tires from the back onto the front, a very dangerous thing to do, and not very considerate. lastly, I noticed that the bumper, which was only cracked as can be seen in the picture above, was damaged beyond belief. The passenger side was cracked and pieces missing, the face of the bumper appeared as if it had been dragged on the ground with deep gouges and scrapes along the length of it. I am still willing to sell it but I dont think it is able to be saved anymore thanks to Royal and their amatuer team.

before it went to royal

after they got their hands on it:

splash07s

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6M
have to ask -what is a thurnderbunny bumper?
A thunderbunny bumper is part of a specialty body kit offered by VW as part of the MKV model line of accessories, it was taken from the body kits used on the TDI cup series race cars. It was a limited production accessory and is out of production except as replacement parts. Google "TDI cup race series".