RNS510 replacement. Looking for latest info.

Jb22

TDI
2015 Passat DSG
Fix,
I successfully unplugged the module and it appears nowhere on my MFD, and of course it's not trying to connect. That's exactly the result I was looking for. I'm not sure about codes as I don't yet have a scan tool. I'll need to figure that out. Thank you!

Loco,
Good info. I'll keep an eye out for the troubles you described. I did not install this myself. The installer chose not to use Maestro/Pioneer (I really wanted the guages available) because he wasn't confident in the solution in his own TDI. He also used the Sony bluetooth mic, which is why I wanted to disable mine. My steering wheel controls all exist in a basic form, next track, previous track, volume. The voice command button summons Siri when my phone is connected (not wireless carplay) but not for bluetooth. The answer/hang up button is also not operational yet, which is problematic.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Jb,

Your bluetooth module will be in one of two places.

If you have the MDI port in the center console, it is built into there. Pull off the back panel on the back of the center console (the piece with the rear air vents) and unplug the module. Problem solved.

If you do not have the MDI port, your module is under the passenger seat. Unplug that module. Problem solved.

You should also go into the CAN gateway and code out the Bluetooth (and digital media if applicable) that way you don't have errors for "No Communication". Not completely necessary, though.

Our '15 Passat SEL with RNS-510 with MDI in the armrest has the bluetooth module under the passengers seat, just like our '12 SE with RNS-315

JohnTso

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Desert Jetta & 2015 Passat SEL
I have a late model 2015 Passat SEL premium I just purchased. So far I've listened to my 70's/80's rock-n-roll and classical music. To sub-woofer is more than adequate, but I wouldn't call it super strong though. So far I've been able to adjust treble and mid-range to suit my tastes. No real complaints at this point.