Dash Rattle

terrman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta gls 02 pearl white
This rattle is coming from the trim ring around the center vent on the dash. is there a way to remove this ring, or could someone give me a fix for this problem

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS
I had the same thing going on last spring. I ended up wedging a small piece of rubber between the dash and windshield, right there in front of the vent. Stick a finger in there the next time you hear the noise and see if it goes away. It's not very elegant but it stopped me from going mental from the buzzing.

SoCalJames

Veteran Member
TDI
I no longer own a TDI
If I were you, I'd just adjust your expectations. Enjoy the "public transportation aesthetic" that the TDI has. I accept all of the rattles- (And there are very many, depending, of course, on weather conditions). I think if you were to wedge anything into a crevace, it'd throw something else out of alignment, making yet another rattle!!

elitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GL Wheat Beige
Hope I don't jinx myself, but I don't have any rattles or buzzes inside my car. (well, maybe a bit of buzzing when stereo is cranked) It is nice and quiet, even after 7,500 miles.

Oryx

Veteran Member
TDI
Had a 2003 Golf TDI.
I got a rattle in my dash, both right hand passenger doors and behind the rear seat..... My 1999 Jeep TJ Sport has ZERO rattles and i've got LOTS of off-road mileage on it. Of all things you'd expect the VW to be rattle free and not a Jeep. But it's ok, as long as i'm getting 48 Mpg going 75 mph on the highway i don't mind the rattles