TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Well I am late to the party... This is a 20 minute drive for me, count me in for sure! Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out, itll be cool to put some faces to the names. I will probably be sleeping at home though haha. I am also pretty heavily introverted too... so it will be extra good for me to get out and atleast TRY to talk to some people.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
How many people usually go? Might bring some friends along although they don't have TDI's (sucks to be them lol)
Never lonely with your TDI beside you lmao
Welcome to TDIClub Cesar!
Not to be a wet blanket...but this is the annual TDIClub fundraiser. Everyone who attends, TDI owner or not, has to pay :) !

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Only 9.5 hours... I have not been to a TDI fest since 2008. I was at the first one in 2000..... maybe I have to go to this one!

Jamie
Do it! It would be great to see you guys again. :D

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Sweet. Might actually make this. I have family in Michigan (on the other side of the state tho), and like to visit atleast once a year. This will make a good excuse to come up ;)

We'll see what happens..... It'll be my first TDI fest ever and in my home state! :) Here's hoping it works out...

2fast4you

TDI
02 Jetta TDI Auto(sold), 2010 Jetta TDI DSG(Sold) 2001 Jetta TDI 5 Speed
im only 2 hours and 20mins away and good pick on cedar point!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
8 hours is a killer drive... especially in a car that gets 50 mpg. ;)

canux

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI
Finally, it looks like there might be more than 1 person from Toronto at a TDIFest :D LOL

I was starting to feel lonely.... :rolleyes:

MrVermin
I'm hoping to attend this year from Toronto as well (will be my first one). The whole hosers in the lobby thing has peaked my interest. Don't have a lot to contribute, but my plan is to constantly look over Brian's shoulder and say "whatcha doing now Brian?". "How about now?". "Hey, what's that?"

Seriously though I'm looking forward to meeting some of the great people from the club.

-Steve

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm hoping to attend this year from Toronto as well (will be my first one). The whole hosers in the lobby thing has peaked my interest. Don't have a lot to contribute, but my plan is to constantly look over Brian's shoulder and say "whatcha doing now Brian?". "How about now?". "Hey, what's that?"

Seriously though I'm looking forward to meeting some of the great people from the club.

-Steve
So you and MrVermin will basically be in the lobby doing the same thing? ;)

VWDoggy

TDI
2012 golf
Hello from a new member,

I will be there as it is only 3 hours from me. Looking forward to seeing and learning more about TDI cars in general. I will be picking up my 2012 Golf with tech package in blue graphite this Saturday.

Gerry

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Gerry, welcome to TDIClub and congrats on the new Golf!

Looking forward to meeting you at TDIFest.

-Lawson

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
So you and MrVermin will basically be in the lobby doing the same thing? ;)
You mean looking over Brian's shoulder and constantly asking "what ya doing now Brian?" LOL:p

All the guys from Toronto get rooms in the same area, put up a big Canadian flag..... Basically invade Yipsi..... LOL :D

MrVermin

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Don't be afraid to come to TDIFest if you feel that you do not have anything to contribute, or do not know much about your new or new to you TDI....

You can always Volunteer to help out an event :cool: Meet others and get to know the "Real" person behind that online alias...

But most of all, attend the seminars and tech sessions, ask questions, get descriptive answers, learn more about your car.... and HAVE FUN.....

See ya'all there :D

MrVermin

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Everyone was a TDI Newbie at one time. Fest is a great place to learn about your car, the resources out there, and to meet people who might just help you if you ever get into a jam with your car.

I do a lot of driving. I have no fear that if I ever broke down somewhere, I know I could post an SOS on here for assistance.

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Is there any hope some tuners will come for TDIFest 2012? rocketchip?

I NEED RC2

I know for sure 1 and possibly 2 Malone tuners will be there. Revo said they might have a tuner come. Rocket chip is based out of Ohio so I would assume they will come.

I just need to decide if I'm going with Malone or revo.

DieselGuy440

TDI
2011 Jetta, 1997 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins
I'm thinking about making the trip North to check this event out. Would be my first...Are these a pretty good time?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I know for sure 1 and possibly 2 Malone tuners will be there. Revo said they might have a tuner come. Rocket chip is based out of Ohio so I would assume they will come.

I just need to decide if I'm going with Malone or revo.
Rocket chip is based in red lion PA.....he most likely will be there

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
He does come to get togethers and tuning sessions in Ohio, as well as Michigan.

That might be the reason for the confusion.

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
My goal is to make this my first tdifest. It will be my first car related event ever actually. I've been driving a 15 year old ford taurus for way too long now. I just have to get my hands on a tdi before I can make it to this event. I have a lot of respect for this community and basically lust for a car of my own.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Make an appearance even if you don't have a TDI yet. Seeing some of the other cars may help you make a decision. :cool:

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
Make an appearance even if you don't have a TDI yet. Seeing some of the other cars may help you make a decision. :cool:
I need no help making a decision. haha I've stalked many of the community cars here and am actively keeping an eye out for a somewhat close (within 500 miles of illinois) jetta.
I have my heart set on a black manual mkIV with power everything and a moonroof. I prefer black leather interior, but if I have to go with black cloth, I anticipate doing a leather swap later if I have to. I am not opposed to spending close to 10k if I can get the financing. I plan on investing a lot of time and money into my dream version of this car. It's been a long time since I've had a car I was proud of.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I need no help making a decision. haha I've stalked many of the community cars here and am actively keeping an eye out for a somewhat close (within 500 miles of illinois) jetta.....
.................I am not opposed to spending close to 10k if I can get the financing. I plan on investing a lot of time and money into my dream version of this car. It's been a long time since I've had a car I was proud of.
Welcome to TDI Club...I love a brother car stalker! mrfrankmrfrank, can I be frank;)? If you have your mind set on a used TDI, best step up the pace. There's talk of fuel jumping substantially again. The used market will be thin and pricey:rolleyes:.
See you at the fest....Taurus or not, YOU are welcome !