Rear axle bushings

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I need to start off by saying that the roads where I live are total crap. I did rear axle bushings and TC suspension about 5-7 k ago. When going over expansion joints and higher pavement from lower pavement(poor paving jobs) I can heAr that hard hit sometimes in the rear. Everything is new, no expense was left behind when the job was done. It does no happen a lot, but happens sometimes. What is the possibility an a le bushings could be bad already?

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
I need to start off by saying that the roads where I live are total crap. I did rear axle bushings and TC suspension about 5-7 k ago. When going over expansion joints and higher pavement from lower pavement(poor paving jobs) I can heAr that hard hit sometimes in the rear. Everything is new, no expense was left behind when the job was done. It does no happen a lot, but happens sometimes. What is the possibility an a le bushings could be bad already?
What all was included in the TC suspension parts?

I"ve seen some crappy axle bushings. But tuually they don't get installed, or correctly so longevity isn't an issue.

OEM and BOGE are good. Mehle, first guenuine parts or something with OEM in the name suck.

jollyGreenGiant

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI GLS ( my 5th TDI ), 03 Eurovan GLS - VR6 :(
If they're tightened down when the suspension isn't loaded it can wear them down significantly faster. You can try releasing the bolt and then tightening it down again, 18MM wrench and ratchet, loosen and listen for a release and then tighten, if there is a release then it was tensioned against itself and was under some stress since it was installed.