www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old June 12th, 2018, 19:31   #1831
Gabero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
I have a clean title car that has offer in "review" since March. They are stating that it is in "Eligibility" review and there is no time frame for completion.
Your title may have a clear title with the dept. of motor vehicles but if the insurance wrote it off as a total loss ad many cases of clean titles on IAAI and Copart, VW considers it a salvage title.
Gabero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 19:45   #1832
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabero View Post
Your title may have a clear title with the dept. of motor vehicles but if the insurance wrote it off as a total loss ad many cases of clean titles on IAAI and Copart, VW considers it a salvage title.
Absolutely not. Clean title, no accident vehicle. I flip all titles to my company and if anything like that ever pops up, DMV tells me and does not give a clean title.

VW specifically said that this is "owner eligibility" review. Not salvage review.
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 21:32   #1833
fookin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3

I got the email just a while ago to schedule my buyback appointment for my second 2.0. This came following an uploaded signed/notarized offer letter on May 4. So it's been almost 6 weeks. I'm not sure why it took so long. Good luck to everyone.
fookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 21:36   #1834
jibberjive
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
Absolutely not. Clean title, no accident vehicle. I flip all titles to my company and if anything like that ever pops up, DMV tells me and does not give a clean title.
VW specifically said that this is "owner eligibility" review. Not salvage review.
You might be one of the handful of people they refer to in the prior status report, where they say that they put all claims on hold for certain people who had multiple salvage car claims.
jibberjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:29   #1835
joneloo

TDI(s): 12 Touareg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookin View Post
I got the email just a while ago to schedule my buyback appointment for my second 2.0. This came following an uploaded signed/notarized offer letter on May 4. So it's been almost 6 weeks. I'm not sure why it took so long. Good luck to everyone.
Same here. I finally got the email to schedule my appointment for my 3.0 Touareg this morning after submitting the notarized offer on 5/9.
joneloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 07:30   #1836
WISCO

Ditto here. Just received clearance to make my appointment on a 3.0, going back July 11.
WISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 08:01   #1837
single94

Default Update

Is the update from Ankura available yet?
single94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:08   #1838
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabero View Post
I would think that this specific situation would be (hopefully) approved on appeal, no?

I've actually got a couple of cars like this. They've been rejected and I'm submitting an appeal. In the case of these, I'm not sure what more VW would want me to do - it's not like I could have gotten a rebuilt title issued because the titles are already clean (or more specifically, not salvage and not branded). They're legal and able to drive on the road currently.

Have you had this situation also? I'm hoping for the best on my appeals but I guess we'll see.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 18:16   #1839
GolfTDISA

Default The new report is out ,nothing new

https://cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/claims-reports for 3.0 cars
GolfTDISA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 18:23   #1840
GolfTDISA

Default In the notes ,same as previous reports , they will drag this to the end

31 Included in this total and the totals that follow in this section are claims submitted by consumers who
Volkswagen has identified as acquiring a significant number of vehicles with branded titles for the purpose of
participating in the Claims Program. Although some of these consumers have also submitted claims involving
vehicles with non-branded, clean titles, Volkswagen previously placed all claims submitted by these consumers on
hold while it continued discussions with the PSC and the CRC, and analyzed the details surrounding these
consumers’ acquisitions of their vehicles.
Old June 13th, 2018, 19:01   #1841
jeffcapp99
Veteran Member

Are clean titled non-repaired 2L still being repurchased quickly or is VW holding up those? Any recent experiences for people on the this list? I heard a rumor they were being very slow now that they hit 85%.
jeffcapp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2018, 19:59   #1842
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfTDISA View Post
31 Included in this total and the totals that follow in this section are claims submitted by consumers who
Volkswagen has identified as acquiring a significant number of vehicles with branded titles for the purpose of
participating in the Claims Program. Although some of these consumers have also submitted claims involving
vehicles with non-branded, clean titles, Volkswagen previously placed all claims submitted by these consumers on
hold while it continued discussions with the PSC and the CRC, and analyzed the details surrounding these
consumers’ acquisitions of their vehicles.
I am on this list and I had only 2 salvage cars. Sucks
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:31   #1843
jibberjive
Veteran Member

Quote:
Some thoughts from reading the report:

**Top of pg. 15, "Finally, the timeliness analysis continues to exclude certain claims associated with vehicles with a branded title."

- Why would these statistics/analysis exclude what is likely a significant source of non-compliance with their '10-day review' obligation? That is like saying, in a study in a 70 mph speed limit zone, "The cops have 100% compliance on issuing tickets for speeders (excluding those going above 70 mph)."

I would think that the '10-day review' obligation is most important for motivating them to process the more difficult claims, not the ones that can easily be done in 1 day. What type of enforcement mechanism is it, if those who need enforcement the most are excluded?

I think we all need to write Ankura about how they have excluded the salvage/branded/rebuilt cars from those '10-day review' compliance statistics, as the salvage/branded titles should most definitely be reflected in those figures in the next status report. The judge sees figures like 99% and 96% compliance and he won't second guess the methodology, so we need to petition Ankura to put out accurate statistics reflecting the entire class, not just the claims that aren't disputed.

**Pg. 20, they claimed deficiency of documentation in approx. 20k claims. Of those 20k, approx. 18k were 'successfully cured,' meaning that they successfully got about 10% of the claims that they denied based on documentation to just go away (a note, that Ankura determined that 94.8% of the deficiency codes were applied correctly). That 10% rate is a slightly higher figure than I would have thought.

**Bottom of pg. 23, "During this quarter, Volkswagen was required to make 5,262 second ten-business-day review period decisions, and timely did so in 4,870 instances for a reporting period-specific compliance rate of 92.6%"

- That's not the best, and that is excluding any salvage/rebuilt title claims, similar to the figure on the first '10-day review' period. That's down from 98% last quarter.

**Pg. 48, 77 CRC appeals had been decided this quarter, and of those, only 3 were determined potentially eligible. 19 others were 'mooted' because they were the subject of an appeal that had already been resolved (could include people unsuccessfully trying to re-appeal an appeal). All together, really bad odds for the CRC to change the existing determination.

Last edited by jibberjive; June 14th, 2018 at 04:15.
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:54   #1844
GolfTDISA

Default I agree with Jibberjave

The Ankura is not reporting this correctly at all. We all need to start sending emails and complain about this ,someone post their email addresses please ,in order for them to correct this reporting.
I love how they say Months instead a Year + some months of waiting in order to discuss the offenders or (us) . They are sweeping this issue under the carpet until next report August 25 ??? I think we need to start emailing and complaining again .
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:13   #1845
jibberjive
Veteran Member

Quote:
The Ankura is not reporting this correctly at all. We all need to start sending emails and complain about this ,someone post their email addresses please ,in order for them to correct this reporting.
I love how they say Months instead a Year + some months of waiting in order to discuss the offenders or (us) . They are sweeping this issue under the carpet until next report August 25 ??? I think we need to start emailing and complaining again .
I agree. That one chart where the largest column for days for "Untimely Claims Awaiting Decision" is "30+ days." They have 4 columns between 0 - 30 days, but they have 0 columns for 30 days to 1+ year.