www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old April 25th, 2018, 05:16   #76
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): .

Now that is one sexy looking cluster...
2.2TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 11:45   #77
Whiskey81Tango

Sick looking golf! and agreed! Very sexy cluster canít believe the gasket smh should notice a huge difference with that fixed! Canít wait to see more when you get it back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whiskey81Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 19:07   #78
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Thanks!
I'm just glad that the timing worked out on getting the ColorMFA ordered way back in November and for it arriving near the end of March worked out perfect. That way while the car was getting worked on at Trudell, they could pull it and ship it to Clusters by Litke LLC for the install.

With any luck I should have some updates for you guys in the next 2 weeks.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 21:19   #79
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Well finally some more updates on the car.

Stage 8 hardware got installed to prevent the chance of an exhaust leak. Cool fastners I've never heard of. Go check them out at https://www.stage8.com/

Since they had to drop the subframe I had them install the solid steering rack bracket and solid subframe mounts from Tyrolsport. Yes I can see the control arm bushings are shot.
The plan is to go with IDF tubular control arms next winter.
IDF Tubular Control Arms

The plan was to take the car to Road America this past Saturday, but some unforeseen issues stopped us from being able to attend. So the shop is going to look everything over and make sure everything works as it should. They're also going to cover one of my track days coming up as a way to apologize for us missing the track day.
I'm sure you're sick of reading, so on with some more pictures.
Cupra R Lip got installed

The rear license plate finally got installed

If you look at the gas pedal, you'll notice the red pedal extension from Rennline to make it easier to heel/toe out on the track.

The roll cage is a work in progress.

Then last, but not least would be the new RS-30 Antigravity battery to replace the OEM battery that died over winter. talk about a great way to shave 40 lbs off the front of the car. Eventually it will get relocated to the hatch when the mounting kit for that battery becomes available.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old May 20th, 2018, 13:00   #80
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon

Fuel Economy: Great!

Those tubular control arms look sweet!
Old May 20th, 2018, 20:44   #81
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
Those tubular control arms look sweet!
Yeah, they are a work of art. There are some other control arms I'm considering that are even more unique looking.
Like so: https://www.epiceurotuning.com/Produ...ode=EETMK4UACA

http://www.prorace-engineering.com/V...CONTROLARM.htm

And I literally just found these... http://www.urotuning.com/Fabless-Tub...-p/28-4100.htm

Then to really stiffen up the front end you could replace your stock subframe with either of these.
http://www.prorace-engineering.com/V...-S3-TSFMK4.htm
http://www.innfab.com/store.html#!/V...068/category=0

The downfall IMO is that there's no easy way to mount a skid plate on either of them. After seeing all the scraps on the DG skid plate on my Jetta after close to 10 years, there's no way I would run a MK4 without one. I'm sure if you had the time and tools you could fab something up.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old June 8th, 2018, 18:26   #82
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Looking for some help to resolve why my car won't go into reverse, but will go into all the other gears just fine.
For those not familiar the transmission is a 6 speed FEL 4 Motion out of a MKIV Golf/Bora TDI(diesel) over in Europe.
So if there's anything you can think of feel free to post it up. TIA
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old June 16th, 2018, 18:31   #83
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

I figure I'd update the thread on what is going on with the car. The guys at Trudell Performance were able to figure out what was causing the car not to go into reverse and that would be some melted shifter cables. We came to the conclusion that with the turbo manifold loosening up, it was spewing hot exhaust gases right on to the shift cables, causing the protective plastic coating to melt making the shifter cables stiff and not letting the cables inside move as freely as they should.

With the help of Chris at Korwerks LLC he was able to get me a new to me set of shifter cables for an amazing price, so hit him up and see if he can help you out with your TDI needs. https://www.facebook.com/AWDTDI/?ref=br_tf He's also selling the back half of MK4 AWD cars, so if you're looking for a way to turn your FWD car into an AWD car he's your man.

I decided that with the shifter box and cables out of the car it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to the Sigma 6 Six Speed Short Shift Kit and eliminate any slop in the shifter with Dieselgeek's Deluxe MK4 Shifter Bushing Kit
Talk about having some precise shifts.

I should have some pictures to post coming up in the next few weeks as things finally wrap up and we can get the car on the road and on the track real soon.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old June 17th, 2018, 12:51   #84
Whiskey81Tango

Glad you got it figured out! Two steps forward and one step back hehe Keep up the good work. Sheís turning into a thing of beauty amazed at whatís been done so far! if I could achieve half of whatís been done Iíd be a happy man! I know a lot of people talk about doing stuff like this... but youíre making it happen living the dream for us all 🕺🏻

Old June 17th, 2018, 13:21   #85
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey81Tango View Post
Glad you got it figured out! Two steps forward and one step back hehe Keep up the good work. Sheís turning into a thing of beauty amazed at whatís been done so far! if I could achieve half of whatís been done Iíd be a happy man! I know a lot of people talk about doing stuff like this... but youíre making it happen living the dream for us all 🕺🏻

Thanks Yeah, with this car it sure seems that way where you figure out one thing only to have something else come up. It makes me regret not getting the exhaust manifold ceramic coated this spring while it was out of the car.

The only way to prevent that from happening in the future is by putting some protective sleeves over the shift cables and putting on a turbo blanket.
https://www.deipowersports.com/produ...ltra-sheath-ma
https://www.deipowersports.com/produ...m-turbo-shield

It's been more of a project than I bargained for, but it's turning out the way I want it and there's more to come in the future.

If you (or anyone that can drive stick) find your way up near Green Bay, WI and the car isn't either in storage for the winter or under the knife, then we could go and take it for a spin.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old June 17th, 2018, 13:40   #86
Whiskey81Tango

No doubt! Iím down south... the Deep South lol, but just got back today from Washington DC and was only a month or so ago went up to Pittsburgh. So Iím not afraid to venture have to put it on my bucket list! Will hit you up for sure if I make it up that way