TDI Vag-Com Tricks and Treats

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
Is there a general thread that goes through all the different things we can do with Vag-Com? I just got mine registered/activated. Thanks.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
Andy,

Thanks. I knew about that page, but just was looking for just a general overview of all the things that you can do for various models of vehicles. I'll print out the ross-tech stuff too.

Chris

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
There's the obvious stuff like programming door-lock, interior light, and seatbelt-warning settings. More functional possibilities include turning down/off the EGR flow on ALH engines (and possibly 1Z and AHU motors too? definitely not PDs though). Coolest thing I've run across is the Passat tranny recode. That simple little modification, which took all of 45 seconds to perform, has singularly made our Passat 100 percent more pleasant to drive--the transmission now shifts like it's in telepathic contact with your brain. I have not once caught it in the wrong gear since the recode. Beforehand, you had to either use tiptronic or cuss at it all the time for holding the engine at 3500 rpm (remember, this is a DIESEL!) for absolutely NO reason.

shaark92

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, manual. '12 Jetta, DSG
Vag-Com or Shop Manuals

I'm supposed to take delivery of my signature-noted Jetta tomorrow. I've inquired about the possibility of buying the Shop Manual for this little dude.

Reviewing this thread, & its links to Ross Tech, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't put my money into a Vag-Com w/ Bently CDs (the shop manual I need?)

Suggestions?

Reviews?

Thanks!

Al

>>>While I'm askin ... of the arrayed list of Vag-Com options ... which is the best value?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Diesel Drvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I have done a lot of reading on the forums. Unless you live real close to somebody who has a vagcom and manual then I would suggest that you buy one. I was all set to buy vagcom and cd manual but my turbo died or actually my vnt15 actuator. As soon as I pay for this I am going to buy my own vagcom and manual. It is a good investment.