TDIFest 2003 Bid Deadline - October 20, 2002

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Hi everyone.

There are 2 or 3 different groups are hoping to host TDIFest 2003, but I haven't a concrete proposal from anyone.
By that I mean a short submission on what kind of events would work in there area, who the volunteers would be, and a tentative agenda. We all know that what is planned, may change (and probably will), but the sooner we get submissions in, the more time the winning bid will have to organize things.

Anyways, I've set the deadline for getting submissions in as October 20, 2002 and the announcement will be made on November 1, 2002.

Good luck guys

Fred

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yes, I have gotten a submission from Toronto, Canada. I'll post it shortly. Also waiting for 1 to 2 others that a little late...

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Come to Toronto! We'd be happy to have y'all!

GeWilli, I might ask you demo the slow motion oil change if it's in Toronto.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Originally posted by suds:
GeWilli, I might ask you demo the slow motion oil change if it's in Toronto.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO! Good one!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
sure sure - no problem - I'll demo anything (maybe)

well actually - forget it
I'm coming to have FUN

and to harass F'in Coop

Suds, I'll bring the sunscreen (in case you forget) - you do have sun in Toronto don't you?

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
We in Ontario have a broad leaf (Trillium for you, Botanist Geoff) rather than a winter mitten for our provincial (state) symbol. LMAO!!

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Our bid was actually for Hamilton area because of the venue possibilities and the scenic driving through the Niagara Escarpment. We'll leave the details until we find out if we got it or not.

I believe we had a pretty good agenda with lots of TDI and non-TDI possibilities.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Originally posted by GeWilli:
...Suds, I'll bring the sunscreen (in case you forget) - you do have sun in Toronto don't you?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's this "sun" thing you speak of?

Part of our cost will have to include the dog sled teams to pick people up at the border where the year 'round snow starts!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
its okay - I think we all do it

I'll cast my vote - if suds and CO are the only ones to submit a prop on time - hell even if they arn't

I vote for GTA for TDI FEST GTG 2003

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
I don't know how much time I could commit to organization, but I'm in to do what I can if it's set for Ontario. I'd prefer Hamilton area as well for the same reasons as Suds described.

My Vote is for Ontario.

I dunno how many folks I can pick up with my dog sled...one of the dogs is sick, and another got attacked last week by my pet Polar Bear.

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
My friends from back home up Nord report to me that there have been an unusual warm spell and homes are getting flooded inside because the walls are melting
Some people are reportedly coming home from their polar bear hunting trips and finding that what had been roofs on their igloos are now open sky since it's all melted away. Canadians blame global warming and curse their southern neighbour for adding so much CO2 to the air from burning something like 100 million barrels of oil per day!

That's why I stayed in the States last weekend... stay warm while I weather the flu.

[ October 29, 2002, 13:14: Message edited by: TDIMeister ]

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Oh man! this is driving me crazy! the suspense is killin' me!

why do I have exclaimation marks after everything I'm writing?!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Originally posted by TDIMeister:
... Canadians blame global warming and curse their southern neighbour for adding so much CO2 to the air from burning something like 100 million barrels of oil per day!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are six TDIs in our neighborhood doing our best to combat our fellow American`s arrogant guzzling of the Rude Crude.

How did you like sipping the sweet juice of the soy bean from our tank TDIMeister? Always happy to share.