Block Heaters?

oldsoul

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2000 New Beetle Non-TDI: 2013 Grand Caravan, 1994 Buick Regal (for sale), 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
Can we get block heaters from the factory in the US? I've noticed that you can get it in Canada, but haven't seen anything for here. I know that VW says that it'll start at -20 f, but I'd feel alot better if I could keep it warm for cold MO mornings!
Not sure what you decided to do, nor am I sure if anyone has already said this, however, here is my $.02.

I live in northern MN, it gets COLD here. Normal winter I see -40 at least a couple of mornings. That said, the only time I have had an issue starting in cold weather was due to a weak/cold battery. I put some insulation around it for last year, no issues, even at -42. I seriously doubt you will have any issues not installing a coolant heater. Even at these extreme temps. I see full engine temp in 3 minutes on streets, followed by 5-7 minutes hwy. However, I am sure a heater would help the engine get to temp. even quicker. If that is worth it for you, go for it.