www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 21st, 2019, 13:06   #1
boosthunta
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Everywhere
TDI(s): Golf 3
Default HELP! 1995 Golf 3 TDI (90hp) to AFN ECU

Hey guys, I have 1995 Golf MK3 1Z (90hp). I have built fully forged AHU engine to run VNT turbo for around 200hp. Guys I need your help with ECU, my ECU number is 39 89 028 906 021AF. What PnP ecu for VNT should I look for? Btw i'm from europe. Any audi a4 b5 early model (95'-96') ecu fits? Thanks
boosthunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 15:33   #2
m1ketdi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leam
TDI(s): Leon BKD
Fuel Economy: 50+mpg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosthunta View Post
Hey guys, I have 1995 Golf MK3 1Z (90hp). I have built fully forged AHU engine to run VNT turbo for around 200hp. Guys I need your help with ECU, my ECU number is 39 89 028 906 021AF. What PnP ecu for VNT should I look for? Btw i'm from europe. Any audi a4 b5 early model (95'-96') ecu fits? Thanks

Any good tuner will just give you a VNT set of chips for your current ecu.



Or if you dont want to go that way


028906021GN
or

028906021CE


or any other 028906021** from a car with AFN engine code. VW/Seat ecu's have slightly different cruise/brake switch wiring than the Audi ones but it's all fixable.
m1ketdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 23:05   #3
Yucca
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finland
Default

Just use any 021 ecu with aluminium case.
Yucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:18   #4
boosthunta
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Everywhere
TDI(s): Golf 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ketdi View Post
Any good tuner will just give you a VNT set of chips for your current ecu.



Or if you dont want to go that way


028906021GN
or

028906021CE


or any other 028906021** from a car with AFN engine code. VW/Seat ecu's have slightly different cruise/brake switch wiring than the Audi ones but it's all fixable.
So if i get you right, with Audi ECU 028906021GN or 028906021CE I would not have any broblems with cruise/brake switch wiring? I want to avoid that if it's possible.
boosthunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 15:40   #5
m1ketdi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leam
TDI(s): Leon BKD
Fuel Economy: 50+mpg
Default

You would have problems using Audi ecu in a golf.



Golf AFN ecu's are rarer...


But like I said a good tuner will put a golf afn chip to your golf ahu ecu..
m1ketdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 12:17   #6
p0wer
Veteran Member
Default

I have one if needed.
p0wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 15:29   #7
sam-
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ketdi View Post
You would have problems using Audi ecu in a golf.



Golf AFN ecu's are rarer...


But like I said a good tuner will put a golf afn chip to your golf ahu ecu..
I'm about to kill an AFN ecu to make adapter to 121 pin :/
sam- is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1995 Passat B4V, AFN TDi swap, Project car (Lexington, KY) linuxbatm TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 10 November 23rd, 2018 05:44
1Z - AFN ECU swap 1995 Audi 80 porschanut TDI Power Enhancements 2 January 4th, 2012 00:17
Golf AFN vs ATD swap - need help! ecu wiring maniacse VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs 6 January 22nd, 2011 09:22
PD ecu in 90hp engine? hayden TDI Power Enhancements 9 November 13th, 2002 01:31
Difference between fuel pump 90HP(AHU)/110HP(AFN)? ROITDI TDI Power Enhancements 1 July 13th, 2002 07:08


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.14603 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 79.08 Kb. compressed to 68.86 Kb. by saving 10.22 Kb. (12.93%)]