MN Chat Thread

Simple_Man

TDI
Golf, 2002
Gold Diesel

Has anyone else noticed Gold Diesel disappearing from kwik trip stores?

Have been to two in recent days that use to have it, but no longer do.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
My Black 2002 is getting parted out as I cannot put more money into it. I will be putting them in the classifieds as Nick gets them pulled off. I have a set of black leather seats for a MK4 Golf in my garage;no tears or rips.

chrisidzerda@gmail.com with parts requests.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Chris

Will the seats work in my 4 door Golf? For some reason I thought the front might be different between the 2 and 4 door models. My current seats are in great condition but leather would be nicer.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
two door have the folding mechanism in addition to everything the 4 door ones do, so... extra functionality!

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Chris
Will the seats work in my 4 door Golf? For some reason I thought the front might be different between the 2 and 4 door models. My current seats are in great condition but leather would be nicer.
486 thinks so. You can come over and put in the fronts as it is pretty easy. Of course my parts car has heated seats but the drivers side seat has a tear.

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
well... I drove up to Duluth and picked up a manual 2015 Sportwagen... it looks/drives great with 24K on the clock. Now gotta throw on a belly pan, mud flaps, and an inline coolant heater and we're set for another 200K. now the jetta REALLY needs to vacate the property - sorry buddy.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
well... I drove up to Duluth and picked up a manual 2015 Sportwagen... it looks/drives great with 24K on the clock. Now gotta throw on a belly pan, mud flaps, and an inline coolant heater and we're set for another 200K. now the jetta REALLY needs to vacate the property - sorry buddy.
Nice! I saw those adds. Is VW of Duluth the only dealership who is focusing on the TDI sales? or are they the only dealership who has access besides the aforementioned Rogers, MN dealer?

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
seems like a lot of dealers are starting to get them in - Rochester had 3 DSGs - and there were a lot of them in Burnsville - very few manuals though. + the prices in Duluth were on average a bit better.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Was that the Reflex Silver one with less than 25k miles?

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
details on the jetta that needs to be gone?

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Has anyone else noticed Gold Diesel disappearing from kwik trip stores?
I filled at the Kwik Trip in Big Lake and was a little surprised to not see the Gold Diesel logo at the pump, so I'll assume they didn't have it, either.

Stopped at the Kwik Trip because it looked busy and I didn't see any Fleet Farms or Cenexes nearby (Cenex doesn't sell Gold but their Roadmaster XL is pretty good stuff IME).

indigoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
details on the jetta that needs to be gone?
2002 TDI manual wagon, 280K, blue, only mods are skid plate, inline coolant heater, and whatever you call that thing when you pull the vent junk out of the fuel neck :rolleyes: Drove it home, winter before last, after an away basketball game - parked in the drive way - and in the morning... crank and no catch. could smell diesel - but wouldn't start... injector pump? now the battery is as dead as the car too - it's got a little rust of course but not too bad (imho) I busted out the rear hatch glass a couple years ago and shards got down in the latch and I can't open the hatch - frustrating, but fixable. Fairly recent clutch and new springs all around... hit a deer a few years ago - did nothing to the car except total it... fixed better than new

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
2002 TDI manual wagon, 280K, blue, only mods are skid plate, inline coolant heater, and whatever you call that thing when you pull the vent junk out of the fuel neck :rolleyes: Drove it home, winter before last, after an away basketball game - parked in the drive way - and in the morning... crank and no catch. could smell diesel - but wouldn't start... injector pump? now the battery is as dead as the car too - it's got a little rust of course but not too bad (imho) I busted out the rear hatch glass a couple years ago and shards got down in the latch and I can't open the hatch - frustrating, but fixable. Fairly recent clutch and new springs all around... hit a deer a few years ago - did nothing to the car except total it... fixed better than new
sent you a PM

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Parting out my 2002 check the classifieds. I am selling my nice FMIC too. Dual steering pod boost and EGR (Mycruiseagent thermocouple).

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Ended up with this car, could part it out if there's interest in manual swap or wagon specific parts.

Otherwise, looking for a scrap-price deal on a set of calipers, radiator, condenser, and a core support, if someone else has got a part out going to the crusher soon. No real need for another car, but it feels somehow wrong to part out a wagon.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Ended up with this car, could part it out if there's interest in manual swap or wagon specific parts.
Otherwise, looking for a scrap-price deal on a set of calipers, radiator, condenser, and a core support, if someone else has got a part out going to the crusher soon. No real need for another car, but it feels somehow wrong to part out a wagon.
shoot me a PM.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I took a look at this 2002 Golf GLS TDI today. It would make a great second car for me, except I already have a second Golf TDI. But it seems to be a pretty good car for $2000 (or best offer).

The interior is in good shape though a bit dirty. The body is okay -- it needs new front fenders but the rocker panels are good. The hatch won't open with the remote or the key, but I think that is easy to fix. It's had a recent timing belt replacement, though I did not see the documentation. The AC turns on but the fan doesn't blow. I didn't take it for a test drive as the registration expired several months ago. The owner says she made many trips to Utah and Montana, so a lot of the miles have been highway miles.

If someone is looking for a cheap TDI and is willing to put in a little TLC, this seems like a good one.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/2002-volkswagon-tdi-golf/6701030804.html

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
is the location of the 109 solenoid and the fuel shutoff valve need picture or a schematic thank you
Well no picture but this is not very hard. To get to the Relay 109 you have to remove the kick panel driver's side as that is where the relay panel is you look in and find the 601 relay (yes it is upside down). Now the fuel shut off valve is easier: engine cover off look at the injection pump driver's side and there is a single wire held on with a hmmmm 8 mm nut.

I have spare Relay 109's in my garage as I am parting out my 2002. New in box as I had two Relay 109 failures so I bought a spare and put it in the glove box.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
05 I'm fairly sure is PD, so fuel shutoff isn't on the injection pump, as there isn't one.

Sorry I can't be more help than that, never played with PDs