TDI Fest 2015

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I am new to the TDI world but not new to VWs. I was sad to see that TDI Fest 2014 did not happen. Will there be a TDI Fest 2015? And if not would anyone mind if I take it upon myself to build a TDI event? I am a show promoter and do this for a living.

www.southernworthersee.com
www.nola-speedandstyle.com

Matthew Bounds
SoWo Partners
We certainly hope that there is a TDIFest in 2015. There are a few already working on it, but I have no idea where they are in their planning. What I do know is that we are always looking for help for planning, organizing, and running these fests. It is a lot of work. Your help, and experience will be very much appreciated. I strongly suspect that you will hear from some of the people who have organized past fests or who are working on 2015+ plans. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed.

Have Fun!

Don

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
We certainly hope that there is a TDIFest in 2015. There are a few already working on it, but I have no idea where they are in their planning. What I do know is that we are always looking for help for planning, organizing, and running these fests. It is a lot of work. Your help, and experience will be very much appreciated. I strongly suspect that you will hear from some of the people who have organized past fests or who are working on 2015+ plans. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed.

Have Fun!

Don
Well I would love to take it over!

craby1925

TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi
Alright, I'm just going to put a little vote out there if a location has not been decided. Since I have been a vw owner there has not been a Colorado tdifest or even a Wyoming or NM or AZ tdifest. A rocky mountain region tdifest would be super appreciated!(But especially Colorado :)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Alright, I'm just going to put a little vote out there if a location has not been decided. Since I have been a vw owner there has not been a Colorado tdifest or even a Wyoming or NM or AZ tdifest. A rocky mountain region tdifest would be super appreciated!(But especially Colorado :)
Probably not going to happen unless a group steps forward....and from what I have seen from that area not going to happen.......:rolleyes:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Here's the deal with hosting a TDIFest. First, you have to submit an official bid for your proposed year, location, agenda, and group members. Once that is done, Fred and others will review the bid (along with other bids that have been submitted) and decide which one is the best to move forward with.

Coming in and saying "I would love to take it over" is admirable, but it doesn't really mean anything. We need to know what you're really proposing before moving forward with anything.

So, what location are you proposing, what time frame are you proposing, what sort of activities and events would you like to see, what do you have in mind for raising funds, what other budget items are noteworthy, and who else from TDIClub is going to be helping you with your proposed effort?

The same sort of thing applies for the folks who "would love a TDIFest in ______ back yard." There is a little bit more to it than that. ;)

Now, with all of that said and out of the way, we are accepting bids for TDIFest 2016 and beyond. There is lots of information about what goes into a TDIFest in the various forums, and as always, if you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to ask. :)

If you're interested in attending the '15 Fest and/or volunteering, that's awesome, too!

Last edited:

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Here's the deal with hosting a TDIFest. First, you have to submit an official bid for your proposed year, location, agenda, and group members. Once that is done, Fred and others will review the bid (along with other bids that have been submitted) and decide which one is the best to move forward with.

Coming in and saying "I would love to take it over" is admirable, but it doesn't really mean anything. We need to know what you're really proposing before moving forward with anything.

So, what location are you proposing, what time frame are you proposing, what sort of activities and events would you like to see, what do you have in mind for raising funds, what other budget items are noteworthy, and who else from TDIClub is going to be helping you with your proposed effort?

The same sort of thing applies for the folks who "would love a TDIFest in ______ back yard." There is a little bit more to it than that. ;)

Now, with all of that said and out of the way, we are accepting bids for TDIFest 2016 and beyond. There is lots of information about what goes into a TDIFest in the various forums, and as always, if you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to ask. :)

If you're interested in attending the '15 Fest and/or volunteering, that's awesome, too!
Simply would like to see the event happened and have offered my help. Taking over means no one else seems to be creating this event so I have offered to do so. Since it seems as if you are going to make things difficult then please feel free to continue on with TDI Fest 2015, 2016, etc.

Looks like you need a vendors application if you want to put your business links in your posts , Smooth.

Bill
Of course I would. Why would anyone be allowed to have whatever they like in their signature. Appreciate the comments guys but I have not "pushed" myself onto anyone. Nor have I "pushed" my business and/or links. Simply put it out there.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
smooth is all butt-hurt and packing his bags...good.
when you attempt to intermingle two distinct tribes, inevitably one surely will decline.

Last edited:

smooth

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
smooth is all butt-hurt and packing his bags...good.
when you attempt to intermingle two distinct tribes, inevitably one surely will decline.
Look man. I simply offered help. When it was declined then I declined. Not sure where the hatred comes from.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The question remains… Is there a 2015 TDIFest in the works? Inquiring minds want to know.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I think the reason the fest stays in control and is put on by MEMBERS and NOT COMPANIES is simple. A company (not saying anything towards you smoothe) could potentially come in and put it on then claim right to it as "their event" and that isn't wanted or going to happen. It's a club event run by club members. Don't need what happened to Burning Man.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
In Matthew's (smooth's) defense, he might not have been aware that TDIFest was "...put on by MEMBERS and NOT COMPANIES…" Just my $0.02.

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
Can it be done during the summertime, BEFORE Labor Day? I have 2 + months off in the summertime & would love to attend one of these events but the Labor Day Holiday is a no go!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It could be (and has been) done but I think attendance would suffer because most people are available on the three-day weekend that is Labor Day.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Can it be done during the summertime, BEFORE Labor Day? I have 2 + months off in the summertime & would love to attend one of these events but the Labor Day Holiday is a no go!
The reason it is usually on the Labor Day weekend is because Canada uses the same weekend for their Labour Day; probably the only shared three-day weekend for our two countries. It would be nice to make July 1st through July 4th an annual Canadian/USA holiday; as it is we have to wait until July 1st falls on a Friday as the closest thing (next year is one).

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
The reason it is usually on the Labor Day weekend is because Canada uses the same weekend for their Labour Day; probably the only shared three-day weekend for our two countries. It would be nice to make July 1st through July 4th an annual Canadian/USA holiday; as it is we have to wait until July 1st falls on a Friday as the closest thing (next year is one).
Don't think that is going to happen!

I will just be happy to attend the TDIFest this year. So I will block the week before Labor/Labour Day and a week or two after it for a long road trip.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Don't think that is going to happen!

I will just be happy to attend the TDIFest this year. So I will block the week before Labor/Labour Day and a week or two after it for a long road trip.
Hi, John

I really didn't mean for TDIFest to be in July; I was just thinking that with Canada Day & Independence Day so close, it would be nice to have a "joint" 4 day holiday; toss in Bastille Day (for the Quebecois) and it could be a 14-day holiday! :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'll throw out a little update, a budget for 2015 is being worked on. If anybody has a winning lottery ticket they'd like to donate, we can really go all-out! ;)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Cool, looking forward to it :)