Question about motor mounts

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Are the motor mounts for the TDI identical to the 1.8T and 2.Slow?

Or are there subtle differences?

Thanks in advance,

Jud.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Some of them have different part numbers. I think the side mounts may be the same, the roll mount underneath is different.

Last edited:

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Thanks!

You can probably read between the lines: over at the 'Tex someone is always selling motor mounts, usually from the 1.8T.

My passenger side mount is broken, and since I'll be towing 1,500-2,000 pounds across the country, I want all of the mounts to be fresh and strong.

nkfry

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Thanks!

You can probably read between the lines: over at the 'Tex someone is always selling motor mounts, usually from the 1.8T.

My passenger side mount is broken, and since I'll be towing 1,500-2,000 pounds across the country, I want all of the mounts to be fresh and strong.
I replaced all 3 mounts on my car with BFI stage 1 mounts, the drone was a bit much for the first 1,000 or so miles, but now it's barely noticeable.

Rual817

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI ALH
Thanks!

Oh.. 5 spd or auto. Auto has a water cooler option, Dont think the 5 spd does. Neither was designed to pull that much, that long a distance. And the Auto does NOT like heat.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I pulled 3000 pounds halfway across the country with mine, barely wimpered... got my worst tank ever, though: 39 MPG. :p

The accessory trailer hitch is rated for 1500kg (about 3300 pounds).