www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs

VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs This is a discussion about MKIII-A3/MkIII Jetta/Golf (<99.5) and B4 Passats (96,97) TDI's. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old Yesterday, 11:35   #6331
iluvmydiesels

TDI(s): AHU
Fuel Economy: mk2's about 48mpg, mk3 working on that figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Corpus View Post
-, go back to school. - but your writing is difficult to read...
in my post after this i didnt want to come off a-way, and certainly dont need friction of forum, board members, but at the same time i didnt really appreciate Digital's attitude, i mean if its hard to understand, thats not my intention at all, i take a lot about this forum seriously, and love to work on my cars, and such, and try to do as much right as is possible, it doesnt mean i dont cut corners, i mean over time we all learn, and in some cases/circumstances other means may work just as well, with out hurting what we are doing, working on, whatever. that is also a purpose of this forum. am i right. fyi im way past the need for basic classes, or instruction, i at times consider more school, i may, if i enroll, take refresher hi-skool classes, and move on to more advanced classes, whether of advanced high-school studies, or higher studies. i mean if i wanted to have gone to college, way back when, when i got out of high-school, i had a couple fairly notable colleges lined up.
most of the confusion with my posts would seem the 'improper' use of punctuation, some of that is on purpose, not to confuse you; but (like the 'improper' usage of the ;) its my way of communicating difficult, or changes, or additions of ideas and such. perhaps i should remember this and work on being clear with ideas.
iluvmydiesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:31   #6332
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Sanders View Post
WOW! Reading all the post of work members have done, I feel ashamed. I have did nothing, nothing, nothing! Turn the key and away I go. ID Parts will probably go in chapter 11. I know Steve Addy is glad. PM about everyday for something I was stuck on! Good times. TDI on.
I never minded that you PM'd me every day...lol

Steve

The degeneration of language into an instrument of concealment is one of the hallmarks of the modern age - Orwell
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:23   #6333
vanbcguy
Veteran Member

Parts store run! Managed to find a brand new VW original radiator for my B3, still in its box. Loaded up on most of the other bits and pieces I'll need for my swap. Hoping to have it in the car and driveable by this time next week.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 19:37   #6334
iluvmydiesels

where did you find radiator van-guy? like i posted earlier, this car has been cracked up, it was quite some years ago, by now, looks like my condenser is seeping a/c oil, the front end took a hit back then, had a pretty good guy fix it up, rad+condenser arenot the highest quality, whatever they lasted, what, over 10yrs, maybe closer to 13yrs or so, not bad for the price i paid, and i dont think anything else he fixed has broke, or rusted. anyways was thinking i might replace condenser. took a reading from it last fall, i guess, and high side was low, like 50psi or so, yet i was getting cool air, low side was close. later i found condenser, figured replaced was problem, so want to be prepared may need a rad too.
anyways was hoping to be done with thermo earlier, was doing that and mixing in some other stuff, had to make a trash run, before it closed 2-nite. what a difference, now heats up, seems quickly enough, problem seems to be cool, got a 90c thermo, gauge reads about 180f, seems a little low, tomorrow, prob after i make a travels i ll hook up vcds and check actual temp. found a pretty easy way to get to housing. may make it thru the night.
Old Today, 09:07   #6335
iluvmydiesels

so after driving a good 300mi, temp looks normal. about 88c, not quite the exact spec of thermo, then again after what went down, and considering it does take a good extra time to get warm/& warm up, taking too long. reaches full heat now, so all in all, helps a lot. iq was about 2.2 2.4. kind of hazy on what mod. cyl displacement really refers to. i guess i could look it up, but looking for an easy reply. . or have to look it up again, mod. pist. disp. something like that.
so i went 250miles, my tank started at just below 1/2, had to put some fuel in then, was good in the red. really good. about 3/8 of a tank or more for that mileage. for an ok tune, *-and stock at that.
was running purge thru it, so i didnt want to fill up at any other time and dilute.