LEDs

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
I got LEDs for various areas for my 2002 Jetta (from a vendor on here)....their kit came with "glove box and puddle lights" bulbs....unless I'm missing something I don't see any light in the glovebox....and I believe (from google) puddle lights are under the side mirrors (which I don't have).

My hunch is their kit is for some models that do have these...and are just not applicable for my year/model. Am I missing something here? lol

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Glove box light is standard, as far as I know, and comes on when the headlights are on. :)

Puddle lights are standard to, again as far as I know, and are thr the red plastic things at the bottom edge of the door cards on the driver and passenger doors.

Very common for them not to come on, owing to defective door switches. Does your overhead dome light come on when you open the door? Beeper sound if you leave the headlights on and open the door?

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
I found glovebox light...it doesn't work is why I didn't see it initially....oh well...don't need it anyway.

I was thrown off by what I found in google...yes the red/white lights on door worked for the LEDs I got...but you're right my driver side door module isn't working...because when I open driver door the puddle lights and interior lights don't come on...but when I open any other door they do.

Not sure it's worth the cost to replace that just so lights come on...as when you turn car off and pull key the interior lights come on...same as when you unlock....so not sure I'm gaining much.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
My car has been like that for at least 10 years. Still works half the time. I'll fix it some day.........
Just never leave the key in with the windows up, it will lock you out.

fruitcakesa

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 jetta 5 spd wagon
My car has been like that for at least 10 years. Still works half the time. I'll fix it some day.........
Great advice that I learned the hard way:(

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI

Thanks for the heads up! :)

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
Now of course...the turn signals are doing the ultra fast flashing...which I assume is because of the new LED turn signal lights up front. Although I did replace the whole headlight with an ECS headlight unit...but I'd assume it's the LEDs. Doesn't really matter I guess...just a bit annoying with them blinking so damn fast. I'm going to put in the stock bulbs from the old headlights and see if it goes away. If so I may call the company out on their guarantee not to cause any issues....

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
It happened to me when I had a bad driver door lock module. I don't think it's just random behavior and is part of the convenience module rearming the car when the car is unlocked but no entry is detected.

For example, this would only happen if i unlocked the door with the remote fob, opened the driver door, and didn't start the car within 40 seconds. If I opened one of the other doors that didn't have a bad lock module that too would cause it to not rearm the car by locking the doors.

Basically, with the bad module the car doesn't know the door is open and will rearm/lock the doors.