Feeler: Interest for TDI mechanic in Chattanooga?

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Ben, have you ever done any flywheel or clutch pack work on a DSG car?
I've done flywheel work before, but flywheels and clutches are something that I typically refer to other shops. I do flywheels and clutches at my shop in MO, but not as part of my mobile service anymore, just not worth it. ;)

I take it your flywheel is starting to give you problems?

Cheers,
Ben

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
I take it your flywheel is starting to give you problems?
Cheers, Ben
Not per se, but I'm starting to wonder. I'm at 155K miles, and it is starting to act somewhat differently that what I was considering "normal". It's like it has to rev a bit more to "catch" from a standstill. At speed, it seems to lug a bit more than it should, or maybe I'm imagining... It's like it doesn't want to down shift as easy without a heavier foot on the accelerator. I find myself using the auto stick more often to force it to downshift.

I'm due for a DSG service at 160K, so I'll post up if that improves things any in several weeks.

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Been awhile since I posted, I've been working 50-70 hours a week for the last few months. Haven't had much time to post on the forums.

Still traveling to Chattanooga once a month, be back down again in a couple of weeks doing more work.

Also I recently rolled over the 600k mile mark on my Jetta TDI, its still going strong. If you want your TDI to do the same it starts with doing routine maintenance and using only top quality parts. ;)

Cheers,
Ben

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Updated my google map of mobile job sites. Completed some more work in Chattanooga and Knoxville this week. Will be back down in another week or so for more work. If you have questions about work or would like an estimate, feel free to PM me or go to my website and use the contact info to reach me by phone or email.

Have a happy 4th of July everybody!

-Ben

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Hey Ben! I'm considering an ECU tune on my 2013 JSW. This one is a 6MT car, so no DSG tune to worry about. Can you PM me some pricing and options? It would be in Nashville.

Happy Independence Day to you as well! Thank you

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I'll be moving to Chattanooga for work, and come August 1st, I'll be there for at least a month to start.

Guess who needs his 80k service, and a glowplug replacement, done ;)?

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
TNriverjet, sent you a PM.

JM, be glad to help you out when you move to Chattanooga. Just send me a PM or post here on the thread when you are ready or if you have questions.

Cheers,
Ben

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Lowering spring install?
I typically avoid doing suspension work with my mobile service, too many complications can arise. I do suspension work only at my shop, unfortunately I only have a shop in Missouri. All the work I do in Chattanooga and surrounding area is mobile service.

Thanks,
Ben

PS: Praying for those affected by the tragedy yesterday.

HogWrangler

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
Just now getting around to writing a review. Had Ben drive up to do a TB job on my Jetta PD. Ended up needing a cam as well.

Ben worked diligently and was very thorough. Excellent quality work all around. I will definitely give him a call if I ever need anymore work done.

If anyone is hesitant about doing mechanical work within his area, give Ben a call for sure

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Been awhile since I've posted, I broke two fingers at the beginning of August and was out of commission for awhile. I had to rely on my helper in MO to do all the local work, he does not typically travel like I do, so mobile work has been limited.

Fingers still aren't 100%, but they are much better and I can confidently do all types of TDI service work again now. So I'm resuming all mobile service work again.

Was just in Chattanooga this week and did a few jobs, and I'll be back down to TN again in 2 weeks to take care of a cracked DPF (P0401) for a customer and some other misc items for folks. So if someone else needs something just let me know.

Also I finally got around to updating my company name and logo, been needing to do that for quite a while. Lol. New mobile friendly website is still in the works, but my original website is still up and running.

Take care,
Ben

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
I'll be doing another grand tour of TN in mid-May. Also wanted everyone to know that for most of May, Malone Tuning is running a sale on DSG tunes, $100 off. So if you purchase a Stage 1 tune or higher for your CR TDI you are eligible for the DSG sale price. I'll be doing several exhaust upgrades and Malone tunes for CR TDI's on this trip, still have a couple of slots open if anyone else needs some work.

Cheers,
Ben

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
Didn't realize how long it had been since I posted, lol. Still traveling between MO and TN. Just completed a trip to TN a week ago in fact. Worked on several TDI's, did a little bit of everything on that trip. Ranging from IQ hammer mod, transmission solenoid replacement, timing belt, turbo replacement, camshaft replacement for BRM, etc.

If you have any questions just let me know, always glad to help out.

Cheers,
Ben