2015 diesel Jetta NO start when cold

wilsonbaird

TDI
2015 Jetta S, 2015 Jetta SE and Beetle TDI
Hello guys. I own a 2015 Jetta with 55K miles on it. No problems until the first phase of the fix. Then, it does not start when left outside overnight. Tonight, with 74 degree in Florida, it did not started again. When it happen there is no communication with the ECM. VW has replaced the ECM, fuse block, several wires and after 5 times on the dealer, months with loan car it are still not fixed. I like the car, but can not withstand it anymore. Any ideas?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Lots of ideas, but I doubt anything the dealer techs have not looked into or tried.

If they cannot get it fixed after so many attempts and/or so much time without your car, you may be entitled to Lemon Law coverage. You can look into that, as it may be different state-to-state (I have never had a lemon, so don't know.... I did buy a lemon law buyback once. Drove it for years, never missed a beat!).

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Same dealer every time? There is no particular magic to the power parts of the system. You might want to consider another dealer if you are not eligible for lemon buyback.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Does it crank over but not fire? Do you have kessy?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
if the fix ruins the car and dealer cannot "fix" the problem, does not the owner have the right to change to the buyback option??

Last edited: