Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Willing to help a few folks in Maryland, specifically in the Washington D.C. / Baltimore Corridor area. Have Ross-Tech VAG COM and 50' cable.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, I now have a Vag-Com and 50' of cable and would be glad to assist anyone who is in the LA area. I do have a B4 Bentley CD as well. My expierience on it is quite limited to clearing codes and checking timing and of course labeled readings. I would really love to know how to diagnos a maf problem but I'm too busy and lazy to do a search. Later!

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Harvieux:

As for how to diagnose a MAF problem, perform the following steps using the VAG COM:

Select
01 - Engine
Measuring Blocks - 08
Group 000
Block 10

Value in Block 10 should be 255 under full load conditions. If not, there either an obstruction is the Air Induction System somewhere or perhaps the MAF might be bad.

Several other data blocks measure the MAF's output at idle, which usually varies from 485 to 520 mg's, but the sensor's signal value at high RPM's is far more important.

Mark

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
My family has one that travels between Madison and Milwaukee. Currently it's living with me in Madison.

Mark

valois

Banned
All of the Upsolute distributors have them and will do a scan , clear a code, or help you with a problem.
Andy Smith ...Keene New Hampshire
John Achilles.... Belmar, New Jersey
Sonny Lowe....Williamsburg Virginia
Rene Berube Charlotte, NC
Jim Wilson Tampa
Chris Green, Miami
Rodney Wade Houston
Jason Upchurch...Dallas
Lanny Richardson... Los Angeles
Bahn Brenner Motorsport... Auburn Washington
Erick Dupuis....Montreal
Tazz.....Toronto
Louis Berube Ottawa
Garrett Franklin GreenBay
Larry Bihn...Toledo Ohio
Chris Herman....Twin cities, Minn

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pyrhus:
Hmmmm, with all the TDI's in the DFW Texas area, you would think someone would have one. Well I'll be purchasing mine in the next couple of months, but for now anyone in the DFW have one?

Michael
<hr></blockquote>

I have a Vag and Bentley CD and I'm in Ft. Hood / Temple, Texas area.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: dzljet ]</p>

VW Vet

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL TDI, 2001
VAG-Com, cable, laptop, Bentley book for 1999-2002 Golf, Jetta, GTI.
Bangor, Maine

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
ok, got mine up and running. Nice nice. Located in central/northern nj.

The Trouts

Veteran Member
TDI
was Bio-Pod <sniff>
I have the VAG-Com software, a laptop, the Ross-Tech cable, and the Bentley NB 1998-2002 CD here on Maui.

Feel free to bring your TDI along on your next vacation.

Great biodiesel here as well.

[ March 12, 2002, 19:32: Message edited by: The Trouts ]

TEJ823

TDI
99.5 Jetta, Green
Have VAG-COM and Ross Tech cable, Bently CD all on laptop. TB tools and Bently paper on order. Northern Virgina area.

Jared B.

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI Green
I've got a rather nice laptop but no Vag Com software or cable. I'd be somewhat interested in purchasing if the price is decent.

Where can I get the software and necessary cable, and what kind of price tag do they usually have?

Also, sorry for sounding like a newbie, but what can the Vag Com do for me and what advantage would I get by having one? :)

Thanks guys!

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora
The ability to diagnose problems without going to the dealer. Sometimes if there is a minor problem, you can fix it yourself and save yourself some cash from not bringing it to the dealer.

DanB35

Veteran Member
Originally posted by Jared B.:
Where can I get the software and necessary cable, and what kind of price tag do they usually have?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">www.ross-tech.com, $199 for the set. Considering that it does everything the dealer's scan tool does (and more), and those cost well over $1k, it's a heck of a deal.

Frank M

BANNED
TDI
NB
I have the VAG-COM here in Derry,NH

[ February 25, 2002, 18:14: Message edited by: Frank M ]

godlike242

Veteran Member
I am compiling a list of people and their locations.. Eventually when i have the time, i will make a web page for it complete with nice big map of the US(and one or two other places)