www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old October 28th, 2019, 13:30   #1
Rishav

Default Tdi issues

Hi guys
Need help please or Iím going to get grey with this TDI, I drive a polo 1.9 tdi, 2007 model 9n3 sport line 96 kw model 6 speed . I recently while pulling a trailer found the car just lost total power I just managed to get home , next day I used Ross tech vcds and found the car came up with the fault underboost , so checked and did a DTC clear took the car for a drive same story , if you on the 6th gear and you put foot down under 1500 rpm the car just starts dropping speed you change down and get to 4th and foot down the car starts picking up speed and then a lag again by like 2300 rpm , got back home and checked again zero fauts , checked egr valve cleaned, vacuum pipes and even pulled out Maf sensor still the same driving the car daily but itís like a donkey , I checked for leaks but nothing at all ,I did log the car using vcds, I will attach it soon to this post , thank you in advance to anyone that would kindly assist me
Thank you
Rishav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2019, 15:36   #2
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

Fuel Economy: 50/45/35

It's possible the in-tank pump is getting weak or it's done and is wearing out the tandem pump.
BobnOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2019, 14:00   #3
Rishav

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnOH View Post
It's possible the in-tank pump is getting weak or it's done and is wearing out the tandem pump.
Iím not sure , how can I get that tested
Old October 29th, 2019, 14:15   #4
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

VW TDI Search Engine
I believe user DanG144 has a thread on checking in-tank fuel delivery to filter
Old November 1st, 2019, 14:32   #5
Rishav

Quote:
VW TDI Search Engine
I believe user DanG144 has a thread on checking in-tank fuel delivery to filter
Thank you Bob
Will go search for it , havenít used the car for a distance lol scared to get stuck on the road
Old November 1st, 2019, 16:01   #6
BobnOH
not-a-mechanic

So did this just come about after you pulled the trailer? If the ECU sees any of several conditions it will revert to limp mode, not allowing the turbo to fully engage for high end power. Other than the lack of fueling, it's also possible one of the big hoses popped loose.
Old November 7th, 2019, 15:44   #7
Rishav

Quote:
So did this just come about after you pulled the trailer? If the ECU sees any of several conditions it will revert to limp mode, not allowing the turbo to fully engage for high end power. Other than the lack of fueling, it's also possible one of the big hoses popped loose.

I have recently serviced the car , fuel filter done 1000 kms on it could it be the fuel filter restricting it ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old November 7th, 2019, 15:45   #8
Rishav

Quote:

Yes sir only after I pulled the trailer I felt it , checked the hoses seems fine no whistling noise either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk