New member w/new jetta on its way!

rockerdan

TDI
09 Jetta TDI,2012 GLI
Hello all.....

I have only posted a few times here,but been reading the awesome info on this site for several months. Love the site!

I just sold my passat last night and my new 2011 jetta TDI DSG w/NAV will be arriving in approx 4 weeks. Its Platinum Grey w/Appearance package.

I have many questions and will add to this thread when the car arrives with breakin questions and oil type,thoughts on change intervals ect ect.

for now i would love to know if many have added custom wheels or lowered their mk6 jettas or done any other customizing....I have seen some threads on LED bulbs,headlight switches ect which i want to do for sure.

I want to add the front spoiler from dealer so they install it and paint is matched correctly. and most likely mud flaps to keep her clean.

for now im looking at the audi tts replica wheels from ecs tuning,i will attach a pic of them and another with them on a passat & Audi...i think they look great and are a very decent weight for a 19"x8" wheel..slightly more then stock wheel weight at
24.5 lbs.

thanks everyone,and please give me some feedback on wheel thoughts.

Dan

Last edited:

rockerdan

TDI
09 Jetta TDI,2012 GLI
Im now leaning more toward the Hartmann wheels which i liked for many years now...the black with machined face is so eye catching. 25lbs i am told.

here is a pic of them on a CC.

Last edited:

Vin63

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
Congrats on the new purchase...waiting for delivery is always tough for me. I prefer the Hartmann wheel you posted, too. :D

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Congrats on the new Jetta. Not too sure about the 19" wheels though. Even the 17" wheels are at higher risk of blowouts on pothole ridden streets. Can't imagine the roads around Niagra Falls are perfect. Just something to consider. Others will offer their thoughts I'm sure.

rockerdan

TDI
09 Jetta TDI,2012 GLI
hi and thanks for the replies.

I am having a very hard time waiting for the new jetta....i had test drove one for nearly an entire day and loved it.....also Dad owns a 09 tdi jetta which ive tried a few times and loved it.

its gonna be along couple of weeks til it arrives!

i do understand the 19" wheel worry with bad roads,and i have even looked into 17s,18s. I just keep coming back to 19s and i guess its purely a look thing. also the weight thing has me liking 17s/18s.

i do live in a rural area with nice roads and i dont drive city roads all that often so as far as potholes i should be ok.

My biggest dislike with the new jetta was a boring/numb handling feel when compared to a golf or even my dads 09 jetta. Can someone tell me will a good coilover suspension and 19" wheels hopefully give me a much more sporty driving jetta?....Id love it if it handled much more like the TDI golf i drove which apparently has the GTI suspension in it. nearly went with a golf but really wanted the look of a sedan since i had several rabbits when i was younger. Also the woman didnt like the golf at all so it was a jetta for me.lol

gonna be a long few weeks!
Dan