P0135 OBD DTC code anyone knows what to fix?

pridyuk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 jetta wagon pd-tdi, '97 jetta tdi, '98 jett tdi, '01 jetta tdi, '00 jetta tdi auto, '02 jetta tdi, and '03 golf tdi-parts.
hi i have gotten this code ever since my egr cooler went bad, the cooler got replaced by the recall but i assume it could be the o2 sensor, since it was letting water into the exhaust and possibly flooded o2 sensor.

any help appreciated, anyone had any similar problems? and what did you do /or recommend to fix it?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
pridyuk said:
hi i have gotten this code ever since my egr cooler went bad, the cooler got replaced by the recall but i assume it could be the o2 sensor, since it was letting water into the exhaust and possibly flooded o2 sensor.

any help appreciated, anyone had any similar problems? and what did you do /or recommend to fix it?
Thermographer had a fault on his O2 sensor after the EGR recall. I think he just replaced the O2 sensor, but I don't recall what his code was.

I plugged that code into the search and the only place it came up was in listings of fault codes so it hasn't been a common occurance.

Be happy that you are breaking new ground. :D

pridyuk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 jetta wagon pd-tdi, '97 jetta tdi, '98 jett tdi, '01 jetta tdi, '00 jetta tdi auto, '02 jetta tdi, and '03 golf tdi-parts.
i found this
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/vw/vw.dtc.table.htm
and here it says that p0135 is --- [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]16519
P0135
O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 Malfunction

[/SIZE][/FONT]
so does this mean i need to change my o2 sensor or do i need to replace anything else?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Honestly, I don't have a clue if anything needs to be replaced. One thing that I do know is that every manufacturer of anything electric struggles most with connections. Before replaceing anything on your dime, check and clean the connections.

I do recall somethign in the Bentley manual about checking the O2 sensor though. Problem is, it's late and I won't be looking there tonight. If all goes well, I will be sober enough... ER, I mean awake enough... in the AM to look at what I have and see what I can see.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Losha said:
What car are we talking about? year, make, model?
"'04 jetta wagon pd-tdi, '97 jetta tdi, '98 jett tdi, '01 jetta tdi, and soon to come '05 golf pd-tdi"

That's from the profile.

Since the 04 is the only one currently owned with an O2 sensor, it's an easy guess.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Whitedog, Thanks I don't usually check peoples profiles. I guess I should now.

Don't know much about PD's but from gasser experiance I would check connections if that doesn't help then replace O2 sensor.

pridyuk

Veteran Member
TDI
yeah you are right its the04 jetta tdi-pd yeah i'll try the connections, and if that wont help i'll start looking for a new o2 sensor. do you know if o2 is bad and i replace it would it affect my mpg by any chance?
and do you guys know where is the best place to get one? since nobody seems to sell them locally, except the dealer, but i usually try to avoid the dealer,plus they want 250 bucks for it.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Good luck with finding one. Try to contact world impex, tdi parts or bleachbora local guys see if they can get one for you.

pridyuk

Veteran Member
TDI
wrenchman30 said:
hopefully the dealer left it unplugged.
would it make any difference? if yes what difference?

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
wrenchman30 said:
hopefully the dealer left it unplugged.
the connection is protected inside a little box underneath the body and it shouldn't have been touched by the dealer.