Mini Dyno Day

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
Well I am going to make it official. I am dynoing RC4 at JE Import Performance in Baltimore on Feb. 11th at 11am. For any interested I will be there by 10:30 so look for me.There has been many interested but I don't think enough to get a discount so this is more of a day of fun, and maybe a couple people can dyno, not just me. The price as it stands is the normal rate of $75 for three runs. JE Import Performace has a website that you can get directions from. Hope to see a couple people there. I will try to update this as it gets closer to the date. I plan on showing up at 10am. If anyone has any question or wants to come post up or send me a pm. To make it fair on JE need a firm dyno head count by Feb. 8th. There was some talk in another thread about some more people trying to join. I don't want to make anyone feel unwelcome, as everyone is welcome to come. The owner was very cool about setting up a dyno day in the future. Please keep in mind this is a mini dyno day with a major one to take place in May, if interest is good enough. I just didn't want it to turn into a lot of cars since I had already said it was only going to be a couple, if anymore than myself. But there is always room for spectators and fellow tdier's! I want everyone to check it out in the interest of a big dyno day to take place in May sometime. If you do want to dyno please let me know by either posting or sending me a pm, if I don't update fast enough. Thanks again

Due to difficulty with automatic and autostick transmission on this dyno, they will not be able to dyno anyone with a auto transmission. I know it sounds wierd but even in stick mode and all the traction assists turned off, they could not trick the computer into reving high rpm to get a good dyno run. I apologize to anyone that was interested in dynoing.

This will not affect my dyno as I have a 5 speed so please come and enjoy. Also an added not that the shop is not on Rt. 40 but off on a little side street called "Todds Lane." It is in the exact location that any online mapping center will give you directions to.

http://www.jeimportperformance.com

Dynoing:
1. ME
2. Indigobluewagon

People that show interest in comming:
1. Boostdit
2. Leo819
3. Mydeathbynapalm

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Hey, that's closer than I thought. Not bad. Nice web site, too. Does the dyno they use bolt into both front wheel hubs? I would imagine it has to or the diff would go nuts.

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
yeah it bolts to both front hubs and simulates real driving conditions. The control of the dyno is incredable. Whats cool is I don't have to worry about my winter tires being on cause it doesn't use my tires!!!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
clove911 said:
yeah it bolts to both front hubs and simulates real driving conditions. The control of the dyno is incredable. Whats cool is I don't have to worry about my winter tires being on cause it doesn't use my tires!!!
Exactly what I was thinking about the tires.

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
I just wanted everyone to know that I am scheduled in so its definantly happening. I talked to him some more and if we were ever interested in a dyno day we would only need 10 people to get a discount. I think sometime in the future we should really think about getting a dyno day at this shop. Good people and great dyno.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Hey!

What's wrong with New England?;) :D

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Because that's how deep the water is in the tunnel?

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
Theres nothing wrong with New England. Its just really far for a lot of us here in the 3 nieghboring states. It would be cool to get another dyno day around here for us to go to. I'm sure this shouldn't hurt anyones feelings and everyone can go to both if they want. Anyone interested in setting up a dyno day that doesn't conflict with NE dyno day, pm me and we can bounce ideas.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
tomo366 said:
New England Sucks.....
You know you wish you were here...:p

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I hope to be there but, It has been almost 3 years (8 23 06) since the last multi state dyno GTG we need to plan one. Jeff was logging all the runs to make the chips better for which we all can be grateful plus all the new stuff PD engines plus all the new stuff on the markets, everyone running VNT17s and FMICs lots of changes and we can,t Keep letting those NE bunch beat up on us:D all the time they are doing it every year. What does everyone think? Late spring before the summer heat sets in?

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
Sounds good to me. I'd say we should set something up with Jeff to do it in mid may sometime? THat way my college is out of the way and we can have a good turn out if we plan months in advance.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
That would be great, if you'll tolerate an interloper from New England (after all, Peter's been up here). That way I'll get a baseline dyno on my wagon on the 11th and can re-test it with new mods in May.

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
Well I don't mind anyone showing up. And I'm pretty sure JE won't mind the business! What we can do is wait for this mini day and see how everyone that shows up likes the shop. Then we can have some input as to if this is a good place for a gtg or not. I trust these guys and I know you guys will like it, but one step at a time. Virtually all preperations are mae though. We would just have to pick a date that will work for us and the shop. Then post up and run with it.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Put me on the list for a dyno on the 11th. Only a blizzard will keep me away!

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
I could very well be free that day. ***What time of day on the 11th?*** Not sure if I'll Dyno...my stock clutch wimpers when I nail it in 4th.(I believe that's the gear they use)

Would be nice to see some real numbers from these setups as I'm building up my hardware collection at the moment for installation this summer.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Anywhere I can get premium diesel near the dyno site or north of there? It would be nice to have some decent fuel for the dyno.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,

Sorry I can't make it. I'll be at OH. ProRally gtg raising $$ for the team.

cya,
Jeff

clove911

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, blue
jsrmonster said:
Hi,

Sorry I can't make it. I'll be at OH. ProRally gtg raising $$ for the team.

cya,
Jeff
Hey no biggy. I was actually going to send you an e-mail to ask if you wanted me to log any data during the dyno runs. Keep an eye out though for one in May if all goes to plan.