Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Ditch the sticker.

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Simple enough, say you decided to spend the extra cash for a Cup edition Jetta TDI. Do you keep the sticker? Or rip it off?

I am pro-sticker, 100%.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
I'd probably rip it off if it were my car...but others are free to do as they see fit. It doesn't look too bad. To each their own.

SaxmanKana

Veteran Member
TDI
Dweisel's Diesel, 2000 Blue Beetle 5 speed
I'd keep it on, but I'd also watch where I park it. I just had an old Civic stolen. Maybe have to hire an armed guard:D What a sweet looking car & the best part, it's a TDI. That Rocks Hard!:eek:

Diesel Dave

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
My .02 cents. If it was my car, I personally like to keep it as originally as possible. It would be easier to sell it later on if I wish to do so.

However, I would add the followings just to add a little bit spice to the car w/o going overboard
-OE/OEM Hella fog lights with Euro OE/OEM fog light switch
-BBS wheels of the same size

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
keep the sticker, put some rubber in that gap in the wheel well, and change the grille too maybe balck it out.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
The sticker does not look bad so I'd probly keep it. Would do something with all the chrome hanging off the front bumper and grill. Again just my
.o2 worth.

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
I like the sticker, but ordered one in black, which I think is very sharp too. The black one has very little chrome. Mine is due in 4/26/10.

Last edited:

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Leave the sticker until it is unsightly or you get bored. I agree with the others about that chrome diaper on the front. Change it to a GLI blacked out one. I would fill the wheelwells with bigger rubber. Those look like 45 series tires, kinda unforgiving on rims if you drive on bad roads. Increased sidewall height will protect the rims better and deliver a bit more cushioning over low -pros. Don't listen to the flamers that come behind me saying to stick with the lo-pros. You can buy some really nice grippy all season high performance tires and even some of the high end grand touring are nice. Performance will not suffer with either the AS ot the GT if you buy quality ones.

sobots

TDI
03 Golf
I think I'd ditch the sticker, but then again, I can't leave anything stock.

Question for those that called for a taller tire: How do you correct for the error in the speedo that will cause?

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
Not to hijack this thread, but: For those who have taken delivery of a cup car - how is the ride on those 225/40/18 tires? My only fear of having ordered it without first driving one is that I would not be happy with the super-low profile tires with their hard ride. It depends on the suspension too, I realize, but I would like to know from those who own and drive these cars if the 40 tires are perhaps too low profile? I had 245/40/17 on an AMG car and those were hard, but these are even lower profile than that and mine were in the back, not on all 4 corners. That car had a very stiff suspension though and so you felt every pebble anyway.

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
I like the sticker... that said... I'd be worried (maybe needlessly) that the sticker would make the car more attractive to thieves.

compignition

TDI
2010 Cup Edition 2008 Grand Cherokee CRD Prevost Liberty 60 Series Detroit
Sticker is done ok for me. So for the sake of staying stock, I will keep it. The 40 series profile is not forgiving on rough roads, will be tiring for high mile usage. Ordered some 19" Gallardo replicas in black for our salsa. Will eventually use 235/35 tires. They are about 1/4" larger on the radius to help fill the fenders. But going to try to start with 225/40s, they are 1/2" taller on radius. Based on my experience, speedo gauge usually reads faster than GPS, so a bit taller tire may make gauge more accurate. Also put yellow h-7s in the high beams, looks good.

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 6M, Laser Blue
Keep the sticker and go with either the GLI or '10 Wolfsburg black grill..

BTW, aside from your spoiler, our cars are identical.. are you thinking of doing anything with the headlights, or adding fogs...?

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
FYI, this isn't my car, just a poll question as to whether or not you would/did keep or ditch the sticker.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
WVU TDI said:
FYI, this isn't my car, just a poll question as to whether or not you would/did keep or ditch the sticker.
Since you put it that way....I think the owner of that car might be ticked if you ripped off his sticker. :D

So I change my vote to: "Don't do it."

Last edited:

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
frugality said:
Since you put it that way....I think the owner of that car might be ticked if you ripped off his sticker. :D

So I change my vote to: "Don't do it."
:eek: SHHHH!!! I was gonna take both sides, wrap one across my front windshield and the other across the back. Might have to do it in two lines, but it'll definitely be *****in :cool: