NO MORE COLD START SMOKE!!!

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle

This stuff is great!
Let me give some background. My 2001 golf tdi has 63k, and this winter I noticed my mileage decrease and cold start smoke GREATLY increase. I wanted to see if a good cleaning worked, so I bought some Diesel Purge at Eurocarpartzand it worked like a charm. I disconnected the 2 lines coming from the filter to the pump, put extentions of fuel line on them, and placed the tubes in the can of diesel purge. I followed the directions exactly. The can easily wedged between the radiator/fuel filter/washer fluid area. I sat in the car and could see the clear fuel line and observe for bubbles when the can ran dry. Right when it started to bubble, I shut it down, installed a new fuel filter (old one had only 15k on it) and filled it with powerservice. I immediately noticed the engine ran smoother, and power seemed slightly better. I am still waiting to see if mileage is better, but I expect it will improve. The biggest difference I noticed is zero smoke on cold start! Before it would belch a large cloud easily seen from the drivers seat. Now nothing. I highly recommend this product. I bought a number of cans from this place since the price was cheap. Total worked out to $5.92 including shipping a can. I still have 5 cans left (I plan to use this product on a regular basis) but if anyone local wants to give it a go, email me and I'll give you a can for what I paid.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
It's Super Duper Injector cleaner. This stuff really does the trick.

[ February 06, 2003, 19:41: Message edited by: oldpoopie ]

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
Did the MPG increase? What did you use to extend the fuel lines? Did you use clamps? (Yes, I am about to do this!)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
I just used fuel tubing from pepboys, spliced with a barb fitting. I did not see a mpg increase as I regularly cruse at 85mph for over an hour.