TDI, hard start, intermittent stall on hard acceleration.

dino25uk

TDI
Audi A4 TDi
Guys, probably been asked before, but I thought I'd float this out again.
I have an Audi A4 with 110bhp AFN engine.
The Audi has been remapped for a few years by Rocketchips, great product BTW, and has also VW transporter injectors fitted.
I have ran this for the past 80K Miles with no issues, there are now 180K miles on the clock.
Recently I had a near miss, when under hard accleration the engine stalled. It took a good couple of minutes to restart, to be honest it was as if the engine was airlocked.
I have now noticed the car is getting harder to start in the mornings.
The fuel filter, air filter have been changed, No leaks can be found, the MAF is fine.
I guess what I'm asking, is the pump knackered, and if so what would you guys recommend as a replacement/upgrade.

Thanks,
Colm.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Does your Audi have an ASV, anti shutter valve? If so, it might be stuck closed or partially so.

KROUT

persona non grata
Had a car with a very similar problem his turned out to be the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank sucking air. He also has leaking injector return lines. It would run until the filter ran dry then loose power then stall.
If you have a clear fuel line going to the injection pump see if its got alot of air bubles.

dino25uk

TDI
Audi A4 TDi
Thanks for the replies gents.
The car does not have an ASV.
I have checked the return lines, no leaks, There is no clear line so can't check for bubbles.
I should have added that the stall only happens under hard acceleration just after the car has been initially started.
If the car has been running for a bit, I have not experienced the stall problem yet.

Thanks,
Colm.