What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Custom - Funky Green. 99 NB TDI, 06 Jetta TDI
Did my rear brakes recently, and last night did the dieselgeek P2015 manifold fix... worked beautifully. I cleared the code with my radio, hasn't come back after an hour of driving. So, I feel good about it. The video for the install made it super easy, and the part was high quality for sure.
Installed an aftermarket carplay radio unit last weekend, which I've really enjoyed so far. I've got a USB passthrough on the way from double apex, a six sigma short throw shifter from Kerma, as well as a tuner for the kerma tune. That's all happening in the next few days. Trying to get ready for a 5k mile road trip coming up next weekend. :)

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Did my rear brakes recently, and last night did the dieselgeek P2015 manifold fix... worked beautifully. I cleared the code with my radio, hasn't come back after an hour of driving. So, I feel good about it. The video for the install made it super easy, and the part was high quality for sure.
Installed an aftermarket carplay radio unit last weekend, which I've really enjoyed so far. I've got a USB passthrough on the way from double apex, a six sigma short throw shifter from Kerma, as well as a tuner for the kerma tune. That's all happening in the next few days. Trying to get ready for a 5k mile road trip coming up next weekend. :)
Nice "upgrades". Curious about what pads you decided to install. Care to share where you're driving to? Lol, kind of jealous since I have to postpone my cross country road trip until December.

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
bobt2382,
haha... You saying "Upgrades" made me think of my mother in law...she does a lot of "air quotes", but she'll "do them" in places they don't belong. :) I "like" to give her hell about it.
I got the brakes from idparts; the ceramic pads and fremax high carbon rotors. Just did the rears. Apparently, pulling my camper has worn mine down on the back. Fronts are still great.
We live near Tulsa...driving to Vegas where my wife is taking a 3 day exam. Then, planning to head West through napa valley, redwood national park, and up to the Oregon coast so she can visit the spots where the Goonies were filmed. (Yes, seriously... ha!) Hey, it's something to do, right? Plus, I'm sure we'll see a bunch of stuff/places we've never seen before. Might hit up Yellowstone on the way back.
I'm pumped about the trip, especially since I'll have the tune and the shifter installed by then.

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
bobt2382,
haha... You saying "Upgrades" made me think of my mother in law...she does a lot of "air quotes", but she'll "do them" in places they don't belong. :) I "like" to give her hell about it.
I got the brakes from idparts; the ceramic pads and fremax high carbon rotors. Just did the rears. Apparently, pulling my camper has worn mine down on the back. Fronts are still great.
We live near Tulsa...driving to Vegas where my wife is taking a 3 day exam. Then, planning to head West through napa valley, redwood national park, and up to the Oregon coast so she can visit the spots where the Goonies were filmed. (Yes, seriously... ha!) Hey, it's something to do, right? Plus, I'm sure we'll see a bunch of stuff/places we've never seen before. Might hit up Yellowstone on the way back.
I'm pumped about the trip, especially since I'll have the tune and the shifter installed by then.
Yeah, I have friends that correct my 8th grade writing skills all the time. Working on getting to a 12th grade level before I die, haha.:)

Now I'm really jealous. I lived in SoCal for almost 30 years ( USMC kept me there) and moved back to the southern part of New Jersey a few years ago to help out my parents. San Diego was my favorite spot. I was in 29 Palms a few times and loved to drive to Las Vegas through Amboy, Kelso to Primm NV. I have friends in Reno and the drive up 395 is great. Planning to revisit those sites in December.

Thanks for the info on the brakes. I'm still on the original brakes and shocks. I'm happy with the OEM brakes ( no noise!!!) but will probably upgrade if I can find a reliable pad and rotor that are quiet and low dust.

The timing belt will be replaced at the end of the month. I have 2Micron's pure flow and contain flow kits installed to protect against any HPFP issues., After the gen 1 fix is applied, I'll wait to install the CP3 HPFP until after that warranty expires. Planning on replacing the shocks/struts, tires, and brakes sometime next year. Let us know your thoughts on the ceramic pads and fremax high carbon rotors after your trip.

Hope the your trip goes well. Happy Trails, lol.

P.S. I may drive down to Charleston SC area to observe the solar eclipse on the 21st, if I can convince my 80 y/o mom to take the trip, lol. :D

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
haha...Totally cool, man. Looks like you write pretty good to me.

Thanks for serving, by the way!

The brakes I got are great so far. No noise, not much noticeable dust (but my wheels are powdercoated black, so it might just not be visible).

I wanted to do one of those filters, but now I'm not sure with that crazy killer warranty VW is giving us. I mean, never a bad idea to have good filters, but maybe it's less necessary now since VW warranty would cover it.

Have fun on the SC trip! Sounds like a blast.

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the sigma 6 shifter installed today. Wow! That's what I'm talking about! Love that... also did the kerma tune a couple days ago, and that really refined the power from the motor. Made it feel a lot more peppy, and turbo lag is way less than stock. Then, got the usb passthrough installed from Double Apex. Excellent quality products from this company. Packaging was amazing...really made it feel very nice.
Also from double apex, I got a 12v garage door opener and a gate opener for my wifes JSW. Beautiful products, really. They work great.

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Changed the fuel filter today (38K miles on filter). Second fuel filter change with the 2Micron kits installed (63K miles on the two kits). Simply loosened the nut on the steel line that attaches to the bracket which permits easy removal of the OEM filter (MANN PU/936 1/X). Clean filter and canister. Removed fuel, and wiped out canister. Primed the fuel lines/filter canister using VCDS. VCDS How-to link http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/fuel-filter-replacement-2009-vw-jetta-golf-jsw-and-audi-a3-tdi/ No leaks!

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
German Diesel Motorwerks installed my TDI Fluidampr and 2micron timing belt cover during the timing belt service. Very noticeable reduction in engine vibration at idle. Very pleased that the Fluidampr and TB cover are now installed.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Installed my new CP3 HPFP, and did my TB at 90K instead of 120K. After losing teeth on the TB on my BEW at 60K, I'll probably start doing change intervals at 90-100K (cheaper to shell out $700-800 for a new TB + labor than the $2950 it's costing me for a rebuilt head, camshaft and labor on the BEW, plus a month of downtime).

Also did my DSG service, and I'll probably do oil on Mon or Tues.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Oil/filter change, brake fluid flush, wheel alignment and a fresh set of Conti ExtremeContact DWS. Still debating the fix.

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Oil/filter change, brake fluid flush, wheel alignment and a fresh set of Conti ExtremeContact DWS. Still debating the fix.
I've put 4K miles on mine since the fix. Honestly can't even tell a difference. Having my wife's fixed in a couple weeks.

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
Installed my new CP3 HPFP, and did my TB at 90K instead of 120K. After losing teeth on the TB on my BEW at 60K, I'll probably start doing change intervals at 90-100K (cheaper to shell out $700-800 for a new TB + labor than the $2950 it's costing me for a rebuilt head, camshaft and labor on the BEW, plus a month of downtime).

Also did my DSG service, and I'll probably do oil on Mon or Tues.

Did you do the TB and HPFP yourself? Im at 95K so these things are on my radar.

Did ya have have to make and ECU changes w/ the new fuel pump?

Good Stuff!

whk1992

TDI
2012 JSW
New Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on all four wheels after discovering a bubble on one of the sidewalks. This is the biggest purchase I’ve down to my wagon (and hopefully nothing bigger in the future.)

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
New Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on all four wheels after discovering a bubble on one of the sidewalks. This is the biggest purchase I’ve down to my wagon (and hopefully nothing bigger in the future.)
What tires were on there before?

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
Got my Malone Stage 2 installed. Seems nice, but looks like my fuel economy is down by 2-3mpg after the emissions fix. Boo!
Got my wife's JSW emissions fix done also.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
no way. it should increase. do you still have EGR? Do you have CP3 pump?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
You can't go wrong with ExtremeContact DWS. I have the DWS06 on my JSW, and LOVE 'em. One my second set, which seems to last right around 50K. Handling is absolutely fantastic when it's raining, too!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Did you do the TB and HPFP yourself? Im at 95K so these things are on my radar.

Did ya have have to make and ECU changes w/ the new fuel pump?

Good Stuff!
No, and no. I had my TDI guru do that for me. I probably could've installed the HPFP myself, but I'm not yet confident enough to do the timing belt by myself.

I believe Owain from Malone said that a ECU tune isn't needed for the CP3. I also could be wrong, but Polar FIS reports lower EGTs (post turbo anyways). The car also accelerates A LOT quicker and a lot smoother. The difference is definitely noticeable.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I expected it to increase also. Still have my egr, no cp3 pump yet.
That's one of your problems. Why keep the EGR? I didn't think diesels were regulated by emissions testing in OK, though I could be wrong. I can't wait to do a full delete on my mom's Mk7; I got her spoiled on her Mk4 after we deleted the EGR and everything else.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
for CP3 install, no VCDS needed. Just plug it in and go! CP# is the best mod I ever done. Wish I did this a long time ago along with the Malone 2.0 tune.

respond2us

Veteran Member
TDI
That's one of your problems. Why keep the EGR? I didn't think diesels were regulated by emissions testing in OK, though I could be wrong. I can't wait to do a full delete on my mom's Mk7; I got her spoiled on her Mk4 after we deleted the EGR and everything else.
You're correct about emissions in Oklahoma. No testing at all. And no reason to keep the EGR, other than removing may void the extended warranty from the emissions fix? Not sure about that...
So, removing the EGR hops up the power and fuel economy a lot? I haven't looked into doing that.