Dead Jetta

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Help!!! Jetta dead in driveway. All dash lights come on, and I hear a click when I turn key.

I have done the following since starting it last.

1) Disconnected one glowplug lead to check size of glowplug. Reconnected lead.

2) Dropped down fuse panel to see where the headlight/lights on chime goes. Did not insert chime due to no shop manual at this time. Disconnected nothing.

3) cleared a CEL for intermittent glowplug problem with unregistered VAG-COM (just had hard drive changed in laptop, waiting for registration # from Ross-Tech)

4) Checked the wiring on the back of the European light switch to make sure all were connected.

I have done the following to see if I could get it to start.

1) ensured that the new battery was indeed charged.

2) jumpered the clutch interlock switch without effect.

3) looked again at the fuse panel. There are no disconnected wires that I can find.

I am still learning this car. Lost my Bentley with hard drive crash, so no manual.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Never Mind. Sung to the tune "leaving on a jet plane", "it's loaded on a rollback, going to see the fixit man"

If I didn't laugh, I'd have to cry
. Have to drive my daughter's 93 Altima tomorrow. Fun, fun.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Click but the starter does not kick in?

Put the car in neutral, put the E-Brake on, and possibly have a friend hold the brake in. Jump the starter from the battery directly with some jumper cables. This will tell you if the starter is hosed.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
And the winner is........Weedeater! Silly a$$ little pin pulled out of the alarm harness. Only had to pay 2 hours diagnostic time to get fixed! Seriously, did note a severe wiring nightmare from previous mods prior to my ownership of vehicle. Mechanic is going to sort it out later, and make look neat.