Hesitation while on cruise at 95 km/h

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Posting for friend. I was driving his MKV 2006 Jetta BRM and on cruise control for a good 30 min. At around 90-95 km/h the car did a little hesitation. It did not throw a code or anything. Felt as if there was air in fuel that made it feel like a "miss-fire". I haven't looked around the fuel filter to see if anything is loose. I've asked him to and all seems fine. We did diesel purge and filter change 32K km ago. Is this a common issue for these cars? Should I be looking at something specifically? Appreciate any guidance on this one. Thanks

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Does the car drive the same aa before the "hiccup"?
Any abnormal noises like screeches or high pitched bearing like sounds with the engie idling?
Do you have vcds? How is the torsion value doing?

Some people that have experienced timing belt system failure have reported hiccups before damage

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Car drives the same. No abnormal noises at idle or highway speeds. I do have VCDS and scanned it with no codes. I have not looked at torsion value but timing belt was done 2 years ago, ~ 45k km ago by trusted VW mechanic on forum and he set value at that time.

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
I have heard the joke before about diesels where no matter what the problem is, start by changing the fuel filter.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I have heard the joke before about diesels where no matter what the problem is, start by changing the fuel filter.
In my case, the fuel filter has been the culprit. I was driving 70 mph on the freeway with the cruise control engaged, and I have experienced the hiccups. Turns out the previous owner has never changed the fuel filter (dirty and clogged), which was blocking the normal fuel flow to the motor, hence the hiccups. After I have changed the fuel filter, it went away.