Proof of Operability on Rebuilt Title

jp77texags

TDI
14 each, 2015 Touareg, 2015 Beetle, Passat, Jetta, Golf., 2014 Passat and Jetta, 2013 Passat and Jetta, 2012 Jetta 3 each, etc.
Have been going rounds with VW on trying to provide Proof of Operability on just one Rebuilt Titled VW.
I provided VW maint invoices and one Copart Run and Drive proof of operability. They still say that is not acceptable.
I just sent an appeals letter to CRC asking them to review my evidence.

Funny thing is I had 10 other TDI's, Rebuilt Titles, but they did not ask for Proof of Operability on any of them.

Question:
Has anyone cancelled their claim and refiled it?
I am wondering if some VW hard ars has it out to deny this vehicle?
If I refiled I might have a chance this would go thru?
Your thoughts?

KevinGary

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 A6 TDI
Why don’t you just drive the car to a VW dealership and have the dealer confirm that the car is operable?

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Have been going rounds with VW on trying to provide Proof of Operability on just one Rebuilt Titled VW.
I provided VW maint invoices and one Copart Run and Drive proof of operability. They still say that is not acceptable.
I just sent an appeals letter to CRC asking them to review my evidence.

Funny thing is I had 10 other TDI's, Rebuilt Titles, but they did not ask for Proof of Operability on any of them.

Question:
Has anyone cancelled their claim and refiled it?
I am wondering if some VW hard ars has it out to deny this vehicle?
If I refiled I might have a chance this would go thru?
Your thoughts?
My opinion is that re-filing is not going to help.

Was your car totalled before 6/28/16?
Why don’t you just drive the car to a VW dealership and have the dealer confirm that the car is operable?
^^^ VW is asking for proof of operability for the date of 6/28/16 as required by the settlement. If a car was totalled before 6/28/16 and was not rebuilt until after that date, then VW can require proof of operability because the settlement requires that elligible vehicles must have been in an operable state on that day.

They may try to say that the car had to have a state issued registration that was valid on that day to prove operability, but I tend to think that the CRC wouldn't be that contrary.

jp77texags

TDI
14 each, 2015 Touareg, 2015 Beetle, Passat, Jetta, Golf., 2014 Passat and Jetta, 2013 Passat and Jetta, 2012 Jetta 3 each, etc.
My opinion is that re-filing is not going to help.

Was your car totalled before 6/28/16?

^^^ VW is asking for proof of operability for the date of 6/28/16 as required by the settlement. If a car was totalled before 6/28/16 and was not rebuilt until after that date, then VW can require proof of operability because the settlement requires that elligible vehicles must have been in an operable state on that day.

They may try to say that the car had to have a state issued registration that was valid on that day to prove operability, but I tend to think that the CRC wouldn't be that contrary.

Yes, it was totaled on 4/11/16. I submitted the sales page from Copart, from 6/20/16, stating the car "Runs and Drives". which should satisfy VW. but they sent me a request for more Proof of Operability. Sort of petty and upsetting, because of all the work i did on this one.

Kevin Gary,

Vw, is specifically requesting Proof of Operability between the dates of 4/11/16 thru 6/28/16. Thats what is so frustrating with this request.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes I agree that their request is a little outrageous, especially since you've already provided the proof of operability from the copart auction.

However, given the new requirements for cars to have a rebuilt title prior to 2/26/18, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to say that the car must have been registered to be legally driven on the highway on 6/28/16.

jp77texags

TDI
I jumped thru some hoops to get the info they wanted.

only to come up short by their requirements which where made at the 11th hour.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Appeal to the CRC if they deny your claim. I'm guessing the CRC will agree with you.