T-Shirt Logo Reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
Would have asked in the logo design request thread but it was locked. Since the T-shirt order is going in in about 3 weeks has the design been finalized and will it be revealed before the 15th Aug. "free t-shirt cutoff" or at all before the fest?
OK, looks like the committee gets to design the logo. Looks like it will be a surprise.........

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I was looking to do something like this (quotes below) from this old thread (p,6) http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=244210&page=6 and was curious...... ya know, just in case it's not my color / clashes with my skin tone or something :p

Seriously though, it (reveal) might encourage sales & bring in some $ for Fred's site if others do the same, a design to their liking may just push some over the edge / incentivize a donation.

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else I didn't see it.
I like the design. Can a 2009 fest t-shirt be sent to me?
I can't attend, would like to support the site and get a t-shirt.
Just register (before 8.9.09) and ask for the shirt to be sent in the mail? Or will the shirts be avail. w/o registration for a bit less (say $25 or $30 vs. the $40 registration)?
Go on to http://www.tdifest.com and order an "Extra" t-shirt without paying for the registration. Fill out all of your information, and make sure that you explain what you want us to do in the comments section. Maybe add a couple of dollars as a "donation" to cover shipping expenses. :)
Please note that it won't be shipped out until after Fest.
Cool, THANKS!
Will do as above.
If I might be so bold as to suggest $15(t-shirt) + $10(donation) = $25 as a minimum for others looking to do the same as I.:cool:
I think that's a wonderful suggestion. Thanks so much for supporting TDIClub! :cool:

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Funny, I was out today working with the vendor on the T shirt printing. Found a way to save $1.50/shirt. I'm :) :D

Seriously, I would be happy to do the reveal at the end of the week. I have one last new design proposal that is supposed to be here tomorrow. Would you believe from the imagination of Mr. Chill.....:eek: GOK what it will be ;)

It's also possible that there will be an official T shirt and a black T shirt with an optional logo, but the same back as the official shirt.

Last edited:

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Cool, will check back for "The Reveal" :)

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Well.......

.....??bump??........??

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
If it's like the pin I got as a sample (part of the annual purchasers) it'll be REALLY cool!

Sworn to secrecy!

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I'm on my netbook right now. Let me get to my home computer later and post it......

in the meantime. look at my avatar and marvel...;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Shouldn't there be a space after that comma?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
OK, I mean this with the least offense possible, but it's going to offend. Normally, I wouldn't say this, but I think it has to be said.

That design is... rather bad, in my not-so-humble opinion. If you had posted that that's all you came up with, before the deadline, I'm sure a graphic designer would have volunteered something better.

I mean, really, is that a joke?

DustyB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey if its a deadline thing I can help you can see my work at

bluepeanutbutter.com,

I could probably draw up something simple in about a day.

DustyB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta

Here is something very simple, just a cleaned up version of the above, if anyone wants anything done just send me a message on IRC or whatever I'm happy to help.

Version 2

Last edited:

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
OK, I mean this with the least offense possible, but it's going to offend. Normally, I wouldn't say this, but I think it has to be said.

That design is... rather bad, in my not-so-humble opinion. If you had posted that that's all you came up with, before the deadline, I'm sure a graphic designer would have volunteered something better.

I mean, really, is that a joke?
No, it's not a joke. It's simple and elegant. It represents Kentucky well, as the natives can attest. That's what it's about. Nothing says it has to be a blinged out, hypermiling design.

Y'all had your chance to design something. Nobody stepped up when it was open design season.

Go back to 2005 TDIFest design, which was very similar in concept.

I'm asking the mods to lock the thread. Enuf said.

DustyB

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
No, it's not a joke. It's simple and elegant. It represents Kentucky well, as the natives can attest. That's what it's about. Nothing says it has to be a blinged out, hypermiling design.

Y'all had your chance to design something. Nobody stepped up when it was open design season.

Go back to 2005 TDIFest design, which was very similar in concept.

I'm asking the mods to lock the thread. Enuf said.
Hey Paramedick if you'd like just e-mail me and I can make the logo to your liking, yours is a might small for a T-Shirt logo and if you'd prefer it I can just take it into photoshop and smooth it out. And if the third color is an issue I was able to price out about 120 shirts in various sizes for about $10 a shirt on American Apparel shirts, which are very high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.