www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 11th, 2018, 18:50   #91
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrvegnugen View Post
Wow 😮 nice going ! Fascinating thread
Thanks I'm hoping to have some more updates in the next couple of weeks.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2018, 21:26   #92
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Nothing to crazy to post up, but I figure I might as add some more pictures to this thread.

Relocation of the battery is complete with the wires ran to the back of the car.

And last, but not least the rear bumper is back on the car and to fit the swan neck a little bit of trimming had to be done.

The goal now is to have the car finished for an August 27th track day at Road America.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old August 11th, 2018, 14:10   #93
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Well good news bad news situation. I might as well start with the bad news...As I had been posting my car has been at Trudell Performance in Green Bay, WI and earlier this week I made to decision to move my car to VL Performance in Appleton. I had finally had enough of the guys at Trudell not getting enough done with the car to make my August 27th track day.

The shop manager at Trudell kept on making promises that certain things would get done and then he told me that he got offered the opportunity to own a different shop in 1.5-2 years, so he left Trudell only giving them 4 days notice. He told me that he would be moving my car to the new shop that started at and he would finish it there. That was in the middle of July, so when I went down there at the end of July for a doctor's appointment and stopped by his new shop. When I got out of my van, I started looking for my car, only to find out it hadn't been moved so I went back to Trudell's' to see what, if any progress had been made. The only real progress that had been made is they re-installed the bumper cover after they installed the hitch. If that's the only thing they could get done in 2 weeks, I knew I needed to rescue my car and take it elsewhere.

With my dad's help he was able to pick it up from Trudell with all the parts and interior loaded in the car he headed to Appleton to drop the car at VL Performance. Right away he meet the shop manager there who helped bring everything in and inventory what was there. Since I couldn't make it down there, the shop manager gave me a call to discuss what needed to be done still and I also told him about all the stuff Trudell had done, so they could double check their work. Overall just from our phone conversation I got a much better feeling about moving my car to VL Performance, so a big thank you to Kevinski4 for recommending them as a shop.

The tubular control arms I ordered from Euro Epic Tuning showed up and they look amazing. I'm probably going to hold off on installing them till this winter, since I don't wanna play with my current settings at the end of the season.

Here's how they look in black powdercoat.

Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old August 19th, 2018, 20:50   #94
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

I'll start off by saying the guys at VL Performance (VLP) have been phenomenal to work with so far and gone beyond my expectations. After realizing the poor quality of welds used on the roll cage and mounting plates, they completely removed the cage and mounting plates. VLP sent me pictures with how $#!tty of a job Trudell did when prepping the sheet metal in the car for the plates to be welded to them. Apparently rather than use a wire wheel or something of that nature, Trudell used a grinder to prep the metal, causing the sheet metal to be so thin in spots you could see the light from a flashlight pass through.

Like so

So the guys at VLP went and made custom mounting points for the cage to attach to.

As you can see there's a huge difference the quality of work.
Which makes me very happy that I changed shops and I'm still kicking myself for not moving the car to VLP way back in the middle May when Trudell missed my track day deadline. Lesson learned and now I know where I'll be going in the future for any custom work.

Especially, since here are the "high quality" welds that Trudell layed down.

Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old August 20th, 2018, 06:51   #95
Whiskey81Tango

Sucks the one shop gave you the run around and the funny business... but glad you got it in good hands and back moving in the right direction!!! Just remember, canít rush a good thing how much more stuff you got before youíre back on the track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whiskey81Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2018, 18:43   #96
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey81Tango View Post
Sucks the one shop gave you the run around and the funny business... but glad you got it in good hands and back moving in the right direction!!! Just remember, canít rush a good thing how much more stuff you got before youíre back on the track?

Yeah, I'm trying to be patient, but I was really hoping the car would have been done back in the start of May. Especially since I dropped the car off at the end of December 2017!

The car needs to have the cage completely re-done, the trans had to be pulled due to the reverse gear issue, and then the sound deadening and interior car go back in.

Well with the RTDI out of commission right now, I decided we might as well take my decently modified Jetta to the track instead. So we hooked onto the trailer I had Blizzard make for me so I could take tools, tires, jack, spare parts, and most importantly my wheelchair to different events in the area.

So if you're in the market for a quality aluminum trailer and you live in the eastern part of the US or Canada look no further than http://www.blizzardmfg.com/

And of course my dog thought he should be the center of attention.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread

Last edited by 3L3M3NT; August 26th, 2018 at 18:51.
Old August 27th, 2018, 06:21   #97
Whiskey81Tango

Yeah patience is definitely a virtue hopefully it wonít be too much backtracking before you get it back together thatís a wicked looking Jetta you got there as well... Trailer looks really nice lol Skittles photobombing at the end

Whiskey81Tango is offline   Reply With Quote