Driving from the WEST....?? anyone?

JoeTDI65

TDI
2002 Golf
It is always good to meet new TDI enthusiasts and we'll definitely meet at the Fest and I'd be more than happy to help you expore our state. We're pretty simple up here though, we're the only to have one state as a neighbor and can only afford one syllable. :D
In an un related topic...seeing the post with your Passats sitting there. I had one same color a few years back but with the vr6...I picked it up as a beater for $600. The guy i bought it from had removed the heater core, fan and all the under dash ducting, so i just used it for a summer because i could drive with the windows down....But that thing ran great...got me hooked on the sound of the 2.8 VR engines.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Joe,

When are you leaving on your drive to the TDIFest? I am leaving San Diego on Friday, Aug. 28 and need to be in Detroit Monday morning 8/31. After that, my route is kind of open. Any idea for places to visit on my way?

millere5815

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I'm not very west. I'm near Toledo Ohio, so its only about 900 miles for me.

I don't know if anyone is passing this way, but I'm leaving Thursday morning, and plan on being in Maine that evening. Im going to take a small detour and make sure to drive through the adirondack mountain area.

Last edited:

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I'm not very west. I'm near Toledo Ohio, so its only about 900 miles for me.

I don't know if anyone is passing this way, but I'm leaving Thursday morning, and plan on being in Maine that evening. Im going to take a small detour and make sure to drive through the adirondack mountain area.
Will be staying in Cleveland Wed. night and leaving Thursday morning for Maine as well.

JoeTDI65

TDI
2002 Golf
Joe,

When are you leaving on your drive to the TDIFest? I am leaving San Diego on Friday, Aug. 28 and need to be in Detroit Monday morning 8/31. After that, my route is kind of open. Any idea for places to visit on my way?
John, was thinking about leaving on the 31st or 1st....You'd be long by us by then probably...but i'll check back in later this week...

Joe