throw out bearing ?

chaser55

I started my 2k jetta on 10degree f. morning with the clutch in I could feel a whobbly feeling right threw the cluth pedal plus I could hear a er er er, car has 11k miles -- thoughts ??PS noise stop 2-3mins

M

mickey

If you haven't passed your 2/24K warranty yet take it to a dealer IMMEDIATELY! A bad throwout bearing might keep queaking along for quite a while, or it might die tomorrow. They should replace it. At the very least you should get documentation IN WRITING if they refuse to fix it.

-mickey

Stainlessillusion

Veteran Member
After I picked up my 2001 Beetle, I noticed a slight vibration / rumble feeing through the clutch pedal. When I was at the dealership I ask them to check it. The Tech said this was typical of the TDI. He said he would look at it but suggested I go out on the lot and start up a few TDI cars and see how they compared to mine. Well, I did
just that. They had 2 beetle TDI and 3 Golf TDI cars on the lot with manual trans. I tried 3 of them and sure enough, they all had this vibration / rumble feeling in the clutch pedal. So, I guess maybe its just part of owning a TDI. He suggested that I keep and eye on it and if it gets worse, let them know before my warranty is out and they will replace it along with a new clutch at no charge, so that seemed like a fair deal to me.