bv43 for gtb1756vk?

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
Hi everyone. Im willing to go for 200 hp on my mapped to 170 hp 143 hp 2.0 tdi CJCA engine. Instead of upgrading my bv43b turbo to bv43a I thought of upgrading to garrett gtb1756vk for more reliability and earlier spool. What would i have to modify? would it be expensive? would it be doable? Would you recommend it?

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Is it a common rail or PD?

I have a PD170 BV43 on my older 1.9L AHH and I am probably right around 200bhp. CR should be able to do at least that. I have no idea if that BV43a is anything like the turbo I have.

I'm not convinced that the GTB1756VK will spool as fast as a BV43. Other people can weigh in on this. My BV43 puts out 1.7bar by 2000rpm.

Jon

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
Its common rail, the BV43A is the CR 170 turbo. Maybe u have the PD version. On turbo database theres no information on bv43a or bv43b :/

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
The exhaust manifold on both versions has the same reference, are u sure it isnt plug and play?

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
yes of course, but i would install the cr version, because of the particulate filter. It must be strong also because of the higher egt´s right?

ASHIHARA

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO
The exhaust manifold on both versions has the same reference, are u sure it isnt plug and play?
I have done some research for me when i upgradet my turbo with BV43 170hp PD version;i don`t remember the diferences between PD and CR turbo`s,but what i remember you can`t swap a PD turbo on CR engine and vice versa.
Btw,with some search on this forum you can find the details.

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
Most bv43 topics end up pretty quickly, others are related to older engines. I´ve been searching information for a year now on every forum! Pump duse has a lot more kick so the spool feels different. thanks for your valuable information though.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
There hasn't been much information on modding common rail cars besides a tune yet. Especially in USA because CR170 turbos aren't available to us.
Check out this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=330731
That is just about all I have seen.
Rub87 might know something. I have seen him post some CR BV43 turbo pics.

Jon

Q5Freak

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q5 2.0 TDI QUATTRO
plus, the vw 140 cr and the audi 143 cr are completely different engines. damn common rails :D

moivw

Veteran Member
TDI
Séat ibiza(s): ahu and pd100
Is it a common rail or PD?

My BV43 puts out 1.7bar by 2000rpm.

Jon
I m very interested in your performance! I am about to install one in a car (110 afn). But i am wondering if you kept the oem actuator or used anothere one..
So, 11mm pump, .216 nozzles, no lift pump 200hp.. nice

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
OEM vacuum actuator, I had to make some adjustments to get it to spool as quick as it does. These T4 nozzles flow more than others. I wouldn't mind having R520s for cleaner power.