Flashzilla v3 on older cars

keith102

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
Does the Flashzilla V3 support older cars or only the 2009+? I've got a 06 Jetta and noticed a V3 Flashzilla for sale.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Yes, it *should* support everything the V2 does and we used to list it as compatible with older ECUs, until we had enough problems with the devices that we got fed up with that. The powergate V2 and V3 share much in common with the ALH and CR. One is bulletproof, basic, and does it's job whenever asked. The other can be a bit finicky, throw error codes, or just stop working altogether.

Given the option an ALH swapped sportswagen would be great, but unfortunately that's not allowed. There is a powergate 3+ in the works, and the powergate 2 has been discontinued.

I've dealt with hundreds of these, failure rates are quite low but multiple times higher on V3s vs V2s. The V3 touch screen is not the best, the V2 uses buttons that won't break. The V3 is smaller and more delicate, whereas the V2 you could probably run it over or drop it a couple stories. There is no real benefit to using a V3 since you could store as many files as you want on a PC. I would not use the V3 if the V2 is an option. aarodriguezcorp is also in GA and can rent out units if you're just looking at a simple install.

Last edited: