Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Diesel $2.05

RUG $1.79

E-free $2.17

.... and this means my TDi cost 'bout half as much to drive one mile as my wife's RAV4 :D:eek::rolleyes::p

.... (she uses the E-free)

Last edited:

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
NJ diesel and kerosene taxes go up 12 1/2% tomorrow 7/1/17.

Oo-v-oO

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta Expired... Now 2000 Golf & 2002 Golf
At an Irving station in Gilford, NH earlier this week I saw RUG for $2.159 and on-road diesel for $2.129. Can't remember the last time I saw diesel cheaper than 87 octane.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
NJ diesel and kerosene taxes go up 12 1/2% tomorrow 7/1/17.
SC fuel taxes go up tomorrow too. The tax is going to increase 2 cents per year for each of the next six years. So 12 cents overall but not all at once, which is how the news has been reporting it. Still makes it 19 cents per gallon less tax for me to drive across the state line. SC will be 18 cents and NC is 37.5 cents. Although I don't see that large of spread between prices at the stations. 24 cent spread for rug and a 2 to 13 cent spread for D2. As I look at prices, I'm surprised to find Charlotte diesel prices increasing the closer you get to the state line.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
At an Irving station in Gilford, NH earlier this week I saw RUG for $2.159 and on-road diesel for $2.129. Can't remember the last time I saw diesel cheaper than 87 octane.
It hasn't gotten cheaper down here on my stretch of the Gulf Coast yet, but it's reached parity at one station. Our Tom Thumb was last seen selling both regular and diesel for $2.059. That's also the cheapest diesel anywhere around, although I expect other stations to match it before too long.

We just now had one station in the area break the two dollar barrier, the Hub City Gas-N-Go in Robertsdale is $1.989 for regular but still $2.369 for diesel, and $2.889 for e-free midgrade marine fuel.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Not content with the massive tax hike scheduled for 1 November, California rammed through another small one effective today: The good/bad news is it only applies to gasoline.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
Guess I posted too soon. That $2.059 from my previous post lasted only about 24 hours before going back up to $2.099. So much for parity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DodgeMech

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
diesel ranges from 2.20 to 2.30 around here...the station i use is the only one with 18 wheeler pumps for several miles, so they charge about 10 cents or more per gallon than the wally whirl down the road does

unleaded is flirting with 2.00 per gallon here, sometimes a bit under, sometimes a bit over

Das

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2002 Jetta GLS TDI sold377k , 2012 black A3 TDI wagon
2.12 rug
2.14 d2
Only .02 difference right now
Merrimack Nh area

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What is premium diesel?
No bio?
Higher cetane. I'm dubious that any real premium diesel is available at US filling stations. The fuel I have delivered to my house is for marine use (with road taxes paid by me) and is 46 cetane. Shell in Canada has 46 or 48 cetane premium diesel. I've used it up there for track days and it does make a difference.

FWIW, biodiesel is 54 cetane. A blend will bump the cetane of the fuel, but it also has fewer BTUs.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Higher cetane. I'm dubious that any real premium diesel is available at US filling stations. The fuel I have delivered to my house is for marine use (with road taxes paid by me) and is 46 cetane. Shell in Canada has 46 or 48 cetane premium diesel. I've used it up there for track days and it does make a difference.

FWIW, biodiesel is 54 cetane. A blend will bump the cetane of the fuel, but it also has fewer BTUs.
CARB Diesel is 50 minimum.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Screw Indiana. They just raised the Diesel tax by $.31 a gallon on the First. Fort Wayne is in the $2.60 range now.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
On Saturday, 1 Jul 17, California increased its GAS tax rate 1.9% due to lower gas prices, but diesel was not affected. However, on 1 November, gas will go up 12 cents per gallon and diesel 20 cents per gallon!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I suspect they didn't adopt the fuel standard. However, I've also learned that often pump labeling is incorrect. It took years after the ULSD mandate to get the correct sulfur content on pumps.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
On the 30th of June, both gas and diesel bottomed out at the Tom Thumb here, $2.059 for each. Then the next day it was back up, but luckily the Circle K Exxon up the road was a few days behind; they dropped to $2.059 for both fuels on the 3rd. Not only had the Tom Thumb gone up, but nearly everyone had gone WAY up as well. Diesel went from $2.059-2.159 on the 30th to $2.119-2.369 (Exxon excepted).

So, needless to say, I filled up at the Circle K. I figure that price won't last. I don't know why we can't have a decent run of diesel being at or at least near the price of unleaded down here. As soon as it got close, it rocketed back up.

The jump has caused the spread to get really wild at some stations, like the Hub City Gas-N-Go in Robertsdale where regular is $1.989 and diesel is now $2.369. :mad: