Kansas City 2003 Sprinter Cargo with Waltco Lift $6500

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I am going to post my Sprinter T1N 140" wheelbase cargo van for sale soon on Ebay and Craigslist unless there is interest here first. I know this is not a VW TDI but its still a diesel so I thought someone here may be interested.
It was purchased new by the company I work for (my day job) and outfitted when new with a Waltco aluminum lift, E Channel for straps, and carpeted sides and leveled side step for transporting large printers and copiers. I did remove our company logos so there are some differences in gloss on the paint where it was covered. The van has just over 123,000 original miles and I have the folder with maintenance records.
I bought it when our warehouse manager was forced to start leasing from Penske instead of owning vehicles this past fall.

Since I have owned it I have replaced the EGR valve (oil leaked from plunger bushing), performed the RSN mod in the transmission with #55 bit, full transmission fluid and filter change including torque converter fluid, and put on brand new Cooper 10 ply E rated radials, and performed a fuel filter change. The tires have less than 100 miles. The EGR valve was purchased from Peter at ID Parts.

I thought I would use the van more, but it has just been sitting around mostly. IT drives great and has no issues that I am aware of. I am gaging interest here before I post it on more public sites. If there is no interest here pretty quickly (during this week that I am off work) I will hire a selling agent to help me sell it since I travel so much for work.

The pictures show the minor rust it has, I can send more detailed pictures on request. There is a small dent on the bottom of the passenger rear door where it got caught on a delivery and the wired remote for the lift has a button not working. The hard mounted lift buttons all work and the lift works properly.

I am hoping to move this van along to a good home without having to deal with the CL crazies while I am on vacation this week.

I can be contacted by PM, email copierbrain AT yahoo.com or text 913-488-six one seven two

Last edited:

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Thanks John. I have a selling agent that will handle an Ebay/CL sale for me, I only have this week at home on vacation before hitting the road again. Thought I would throw it on here before hiring the seller.

Kirmet - it does snow on average 20+ inches per year here, and you can hear Sprinters rusting in Arizona on a clear night, mine has Very little rust for an 03 in the rust belt, and I took close ups of all the rust to be up front with anyone potentially interested. This thing doesn't fit in an auto car wash for a belly spray after a snow/salt event ;)

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Kirmet - it does snow on average 20+ inches per year here, and you can hear Sprinters rusting in Arizona on a clear night, mine has Very little rust for an 03 in the rust belt, and I took close ups of all the rust to be up front with anyone potentially interested. This thing doesn't fit in an auto car wash for a belly spray after a snow/salt event ;)

Hahaha. Yes, I agree it's quite clean given it's age. it's amazing how much the T1Ns rusted. Our '06 has ~90K on it and very comparable rust and yet only gets driven 5-6 times each winter. Seems like a good price.

I have to ask about the rear license plate. HOw have the police not harassed your or your company about the obscured plate?

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
So the license plate is actually mounted on the outside rear of the lift itself. I fuzzed it out in the picture with iPhoto

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Reasonable price and a good hauler. This one is better condition than what I see for sale. Good luck with sale.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Picked up the new owner at the airport who just flew in from So Cal to drive it home. Its on its way to a year round warm sunny climate :)