2012 jetta delete and tune.

2002tdi

Vendor
TDI
2012 jetta premier DSG
Looking to delete me 2012 jetta tdi. Car is DSG. This will be my first deleted CR car. Appears what is needed is DPF pipe, EGR racepipe, and then obviously a tune. anything else to do? any other reccomendations? looks like you either do the race pipe and completely get rid of the ASV or just the EGR portion it self. what are your thoughts on this? not looking for crazy HP. just looking for more MPG and a little more passing confidence.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Keep the throttle flap. It does keep the engine from the violent shut down shake, and makes the whole job a lot easier.

All you really need EGR wise is the plate to block off the low pressure pipe connection at the cooler. The high pressure can all stay in place, the software won't use it anyway.

Much easier to drop the subframe/steering assembly. MUCH easier.

2002tdi

Vendor
TDI
2012 jetta premier DSG
Keep the throttle flap. It does keep the engine from the violent shut down shake, and makes the whole job a lot easier.
All you really need EGR wise is the plate to block off the low pressure pipe connection at the cooler. The high pressure can all stay in place, the software won't use it anyway.
Much easier to drop the subframe/steering assembly. MUCH easier.

thanks oilhammer. that is honestly what i needed to hear. I was pretty much on the same boat with keeping the ASV for shut down sake.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I did the full delete race pipe on my '11, and wouldn't describe the shut down as even remotely violent. I really don't notice much difference at all. Might be good to keep it for any runaway scenario with a dsg though.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Shakes the whole engine, just like the AHUs, LOL. And over time it just yanks on things like the already fragile engine wiring harness.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hasn't been an issue with mine. And I've shut her down thousands of times. Might be because of the smoother running of the common rail system.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I could post up a video of a shutdown, but it wouldn't be very dramatic or entertaining at all. :)

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
you don't actually gain any flow going to an aftermarket ASV replacement
the biggest restriction is your turbo, then your intercooler, then a bunch of other things, then the ASV

It is like an aftermarket cone filter 'intake', just shiny junk to get a few dollars of profit out of you.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ah, but shiny junk with taps for boost gauges and such. :) Most of us are getting these when we delete the egr. They really aren't marketed as a performance upgrade. Maybe the racepipe monicker gives the wrong impression. I know I feel good everytime I eliminate an electric servo device on my car. 4 down so far. Probably keeping the power windows and wipers.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Probably keeping the power windows and wipers.
Don't worry VW already took care of those for you with their "engineered obsolescence", right up there with door locks that fail after 50K