1982 Diesel Vanagon L Clean Title NOT RUNNING

ajmilla

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
1982 Diesel Vanagon L Clean Title PRICE DROP

Up for sale is my 1982 Diesel Vanagon L Project. This vehicle DOES NOT RUN currently. This is a rare Vanagon because they only made the diesel model from 82-83. The interior is in good shape for it's age with some ware in the drivers seat. The exterior has a few dings but does not need any major body work and the paint shines up with a nice wax. There are a hand full of patina spots on this van but no major rust. The glass is in great shape all the way around and so is the roof. This is a great project vehicle! As far as getting the vehicle back on the road there are a few parts that need to be put back on the engine and this thing should fire up. It does need a the drivers door handle re attached and the passenger glass is out of the track. It will also need new rubber. Running this set up should most likely get 30+ mpg on the highway. I am regretfully selling this vehicle because I do not have time to finish it. This van is very clean as it spent the majority of it's life in the south. It currently has 175k on the clock. I am asking $2000 OBO for the vehicle. call txt six1two nine16 five3nine9 email itsavw at gmail.com
[/URL]

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/ajmilla/media/image_5_zps63c6eaa4.jpeg.html

Last edited:

ajmilla

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
4x4 would be nice but at the moment I have a few too many projects and am trying to get some others off the ground. Thanks for the offer

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
I know where Beto Junction is...:p

Free bump for ya. I'd come get it myself if I didn't have 11 vehicles at the moment :eek:

ajmilla

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the Bump :) I just dropped the price because I realized that the turbo set up I had was the incorrect model for this van. Looking for $2000 or BO Thanks

I know where Beto Junction is...:p

Free bump for ya. I'd come get it myself if I didn't have 11 vehicles at the moment :eek:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Pretty sure I've seen this Vanagon listed in Craigslist! ..................... this will be a good project for someone!

Who ever buys it should keep us posted .........maybe start a Thread in the Conversions.... do something to it TDI so it will qualify!

polaris962

TDI
A mk4 hoard
I'm not gonna get started on this until springtime. What would make an ahu better than a turbo 1.6. Besides .3 liters and oil squirted installed.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The 1.6 Turbo has oil squirters .... unless someone changed the block!

I know the 1.6 NA has considerable more torque than with 1.5 NA with the same bore. So, if the 1.9 AHU has both larger bore (and it does) as well as longer stroke, there will be a significant difference in torque.

Notice my signature. The ALH with Stage 1 Malone tune made a tremendous difference in power... and, it was nice before the tune. Pulling a pop-up camper was no problem either.

Bottom line ........... just depends on what you want to do with it! I have an '83 air-cool that would like to install a 1.6T in it. I have everything to do the job except a radiator..... and, the time to do it!