VW dress up parts sources?

out18law18

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf GLS
where is everyone buying their dress up parts such as interior aluminm pieces, blacked out vw badges, smoked out lights etc? i am looking for web sites mainly so i can at least see a pic before ordering and also looking for companys in the USA

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
DD yep, I am. I'm good friends with the original owner, Tim Hildabrand. He still has lots of parts from his New Dimensions days and is the US distributor for Jetex, the european exhaust company. For those who dont' know, New Dimensions was one of the very original VW tuner shops, started in the very early 1980's, and held each year the largest VW Car show on the west coast. 3 years ago he sold the shop to a husband and wife team to tend to his wife who has cancer. Tim moved to Murphys, CA but is still in the car industry, i.e. running Jetex and selling some old inventory he still has from New Dimensions on Ebay. The new owner, Tony, ran the shop differently, and the shop ran into heavy debt. They owed vendors like Neuspeed, APR, and others tons of money and fell behind in payments. Tony then had to cut back on their service operations, the bread and butter of their shop. It got so bad that they could not pay their employees and did an IOU thing. Well, no one likes to work for free, so many of the great techs there left and started their own places. In the end, the debt caught up with the shop, and it closed down late last year. The new owners still own lots of people money from internet sales transactions that were never completed. In any case, New Dimensions is no more, sad to say...