LOOK AT YOUR TITLES.

LMIST1

Veteran Member
After reading my teaxs inspection. there may be diesels out there that have gas instead of diesel for fuel type in there titles and reggis.
I was surprised. and the dealer said thats normal....

Mike Piles

Veteran Member
TDI
It happened to me, I emailed the state and had it straightened out. I was very important for me to do that because I live in the part of Missouri that requires emission inspections for gassers but diesels are exempt.

LMIST1

Veteran Member
After paying my visit to my local DMV to correct my title and reggi, I once again called my dealer and told him of my problem. The answer I got was OFF THE RECORD and I'll deny it. But back in 99 and 2000 vw was not allowed to sell diesels in N.Y. and ther way around it was to sell it as a gas and then down the road correct your title as diesel. I told him that my car was purchase before the law went into affect which was oct 99. I purchase my car in july. He had no answer for me except that it was a mistake and over looked..

So ther might be others out there with the same problem but, like myself never caught it...

GulfGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 01 Indigo
The county clerk suggested I leave mine "gas" to save some cash since, I guess, there isn't a rating for diesel cars; we just get lumped in with the biguns. (If memory serves, my tax would have been double
)

gardentender

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GL 5 spd, 2001, Galactic Blue
sounds like the DMV clerk i talked with told me something that wasn't so. she said that a vehicle my size could only be listed as "gas" which doesn't appear to be so if you compare ZwoTdi's title for his 2000 model with my 2001.

ahh, bureaucracy at it's best.

FlashTDI

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 4-dr 5-sp
This is very interesting. I live in Texas and have had my Golf TDI for a little over a year. I have not carefully examined my title or registration or anything for a 'G'as or 'D'iesel. Also, my Golf came from the dealer with a two-year inspection sticker so I won't be getting it inspected for another year.

I did however recently pay my annual vehicle registration at the county tax office and it was something like ~$65. Does that sound like what you other guys in TX are paying? I will look for the papers tonight.

M

mickey

Am I the only one who looked at this thread and thought it said, "Look at your titties"?

I did, and they're not very impressive.

-mickey

FlashTDI

TDI
2001 Golf TDI 4-dr 5-sp
Originally posted by mickey:
Am I the only one who looked at this thread and thought it said, "Look at your titties"?
-mickey
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then I guess a 'D' wouldn't be too bad.

LMIST1

Veteran Member

I did, and they're not very impressive.

-mickey
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">very funny mickey.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by GulfGolfTDI:
The county clerk suggested I leave mine "gas" to save some cash since, I guess, there isn't a rating for diesel cars; we just get lumped in with the biguns. (If memory serves, my tax would have been double
)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Texas registration is now based on how old your vehicle is, not if it's a car or truck, how much it weighs, or what fuel it uses like it once was.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by gardentender:
sounds like the DMV clerk i talked with told me something that wasn't so. she said that a vehicle my size could only be listed as "gas" which doesn't appear to be so if you compare ZwoTdi's title for his 2000 model with my 2001.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Under "Remarks" on my title it has the words ACTUAL MILEAGE and DIESEL.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Iowa has the same problem, unless you specifically tell the cleck during registration that the car is a diesel they assume it's gas. Iowa as well doesn't have a licensing fee for the TDI model, only GL, GT, GLX etc. I actually got my car registered as a base GL since they couldn't find a comparable model in their listing. They also admit that their system is a big disappointment when it comes to model identification.

When I registered my car a month ago I mentioned that it was diesel, the clerck wrote it down as diesel but when the title finally spewed from the printer there it was....gas...uggh!

steve a

detroitdieselwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
Yep, happened to me too. My first Golf registration was listed as "gasoline," only to find out the stupid dealership had it checkmarked as gasoline on the original paperwork they sent to the DMV. Also, under 'model,' the car is listed as a GLI. Anyway, they did send me a new title two days later listed as a 'diesel,' but still have it as a GLI. It is a GLS.

detroitdieselwannabe

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
Yep, happened to me too. My first Golf registration was listed as "gasoline," only to find out the stupid dealership had it checkmarked as gasoline on the original paperwork they sent to the DMV. Also, under 'model,' the car is listed as a GLI. Anyway, they did send me a new title two days later listed as a 'diesel,' but still have it as a GLI. It is a GLS.

vwtdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
02.5 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI
Me too! I live in Virginia but I bought the car in Maryland. The dealer told me that it happened because the TDI was a new option for the car for '02 and wasn't in the DMV computer yet.They also registered it as a sedan.What F*$k ups.If I hadn't ordered the car the car the way I wanted it and practly stolen it from them on the price I would of been pissed.A trip to my local Dmv was needed thats all until I just got my personal property tax (yes they screw us hard here) its still listed as a sedan.The county gov't sucks!

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. Me too
And every time I see the tittie of this thread I seem to make the same mistake!

What is it about titties? Is it Fraudian perhaps...? Oh no, I hope not