CPO Jetta Buyback - Need Advice!

MJKaz

TDI
2012 VW JSW TDI w/Sunroof & Nav
Hi Friends!

I'm a first time poster but long time lurker. :D

I recently purchased my 11th VW: a CPO 2012 TDI Sportwagen w/Sunroof & Nav. Regrettably, this car has a bunch of problems with the sunroof. In four months, the entire sunroof assembly has been replaced twice. Currently, VWoA is unable to obtain parts, so it's been sitting in a completely torn down state in my dealer's back lot. Unlocked. Leaking in the North Florida winter rain.

I am working with VW as far as a remedy. This is my second Sportwagen (first was a 2002 when I was 16) but have had 11 VWs. If you were to have a replacement, would you opt for a 2019 Jetta (fuel economy 30-40) or a current Golf Sportwagen 4Motion (fuel economy 21-29)? Given my current predicament with the pano sunroof, I am looking to avoid sunroofs - despite my love for them.

Interested in hearing your feedback! Thanks, y'all!

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
I'd see if they could find me a comparable CPO sportwagen without the sunroof and see if they would trade you out.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
hmmmm, true-dat. But if you want a diesel...you can't get AWD. What a killer car that would have been!

MJKaz

TDI
2012 VW JSW TDI w/Sunroof & Nav
I'm leaning towards a 2019 Jetta SE because the fuel economy is so good and it includes LED headlamps/DAP/CarPlay etc. Does anyone know anything about the reliability of the sunroof in the latest models? I have read nothing online about them leaking.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
I would get another mk6 wagon w/o sunroof.
If fuel economy is important, I imagine money is a close second. You can get into a fixed mk6 tdi for half of what a mk7 would cost. And if they did leave your car exposed to the elements to pour rain inside, sounds like they either owe you a new car OR a completely new interior - basically anything that is not sheet metal, including replacing everything that is electronic. That of course would be their choice, not yours. But at that point, you may be able to talk them into swapping it out for one w/o a sunroof.

Warranties being what they are...why not?