FS: 2004 Golf TDI GLS

Norm0770

TDI
None anymore
SOLD!

For sale: 2004 Golf GLS TDI. 104xxx miles. Original owner. Manual transmission. Runs great, however my wife has a much shorter commute than previously, which hasn't been allowing the car to warm up on her 4 mile drive (which hasn't been good for her, the car or me by extension). Overall the car is in very good shape and well cared for. Everything in working order, but the parking brake has a little slack and should be adjusted.

It has a set of Continental ExtreemWinterContact on 15" Sport Edition F12 wheels (currently on the car) and the stock alloys are in decent shape with Yokohama all season tires (which honestly should be replaced). We also used rubber mats in the winter so the carpet mats are in very good shape too.

The brakes are in good shape new pads and rotors the whole way around at 80000 miles. The timing belt was also replaced at 80000 miles. Last summer the air conditioner needed a new compressor. Also new suspension bushing and rear shocks were put on last summer. Also the underbody side skirts were replaced in the summer and an aluminum belly pan used to replace the stock plastic one.

I also have a Bentley Service manual for the car if the buyer is a DIY kind of person.

The dealer offered $4600 for a trade, and the KBB trade value is $4800 for "Very Good Condition". The KBB for private sale is $6100, so with some of the extras (winter tires, wheels, mats) and knowing KBB and Edmunds tend to under value our TDIs I think $6800 is a fair price.

If someone wants to pay full price (ie no haggling) I'll throw in a Yakima roof rack with 4 tower locks and two fork mount bike trays in with the deal.

Located in Indianapolis, IN

Send a PM to contact me

Pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50828639@N02/?

Last edited:

Gueuzehound

TDI
None
Wow, what a beautiful Golf. I am extremely interested if the car is still for sale in about a month. I am currently on a transcontinental road trip. Good luck with the sale!