1998 Jetta TDI 5-Speed Manual-Sunroof 255K +

bahamas

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 248k
Price: $2,000 obo

Selling the family Jetta. Bought new in 1998 in Miami. It's made the rounds through family members until I took it in October 2014. It's been a family workhorse through the years but my Fiancee did not enjoy it the way I thought she would. I did a bunch of work on it thinking we'd have it for a few years. Still runs strong, gets gas milage in the low 40s. There is almost zero rust on this TDI. The furthest north its ever been is Tallahassee and now Jacksonville. I've got tons of receipts for work done on this TDI from when my Mom and Brother had it. Most of it is replacing worn parts. It's never been in a wreck.
Recently I had an error code for misfire in cylinder #3. I took it in to TDI trusted Mechanic Scott Krout. Turned out to be broken piston rings. Replaced the rings, machined the head, also got new intake valves and rods and a new camshaft. Good compression in all cylinders. In troubleshooting the issue, I took the timing belt off and broke the tensioner, so Scott also reinstalled the timing belt.

Runs good now. There is a noticeably "toot" or "chirp" upon cold startup that lasts about a second. Once its warmed up it doesn't happen. Not sure if its the harmonic balancer or what.

List of Pertinent Info
-Intake Manifold cleaned in (October 2014)
-New Bosio Sprint 442/706 Injector Nozzles (October 2014)
-New oil filter, fuel filter and air filter (500 miles old)
-New starter (2/2015)
-New Glowplug Harness(10/2014)
-Replaced Intercooler Boost Tube (to eliminate oil leak)
-Replaced Oil Filter Housing Gasket (to eliminate oil leak)
-Replaced CCV Breather Tube (To Eliminate Oil Leak)
-Timing Belt done 3k miles ago (then reinstalled by Scott in 01/2015)
-New fuel return lines
-New vacuum lines
-Gauge Cluster was inoperable for approximately 1-2 years, so add 20k miles to the total
-New windshield(rock took a chunk out of it)
-Front Windows work, rears do not (have motors, just never got to them.)
-Sunroof works and does not leak
-There is a leak somewhere in the roof that I have not found yet as when it rains hard the backseat is damp. I'm beginning to think it might be from the molding or door gaskets.
-All electronics work, including Cruise Control(the off button doesn't)
-There is a slow leak from the Rack and Pinion on the driver side
-The seat covers have been on this thing since the year it was purchased.
-The paint is in pretty good shape, but its not the original paint job. I think it's been repainted twice. There are some chips from highway driving.

I hope I covered it all. If you have any other questions or would like to see a picture of something send a PM and I'll do my best to get to it asap.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: