replacing CR turbo actuator ...part numbers, etc for CR injector seals

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I found numbers for the injector top, mid seal and crush washer but not the return line.
Does anyone have this info on hand? Is there a kit that covers all of the injector seals? I want to replace the turbo actuator and need to know what to arm myself with.
Anything else needed? Valve cover seal resilient enough to reuse?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Why all of that if it is just the turbo vacuum actuator.
It can be changed from the top, but it is a little bit of tedious job. Look for the threads on replacing the VNT actuator.

JETaah

TDI
Why all of that if it is just the turbo vacuum actuator.
It can be changed from the top, but it is a little bit of tedious job. Look for the threads on replacing the VNT actuator.
I did this surgery once before about 4 years ago on a CBEA and I can not remember the specifics ....Pulling the valve cover off opened up a bunch more room to work. I at least wanted to have the stuff on hand in case it worked out better for me that way. I will look for the threads.

I have crafted a couple of tools since the last time I did this to deal with the BRM actuators so maybe that will eliminate the need for the valve cover to come off. Need a car to look at and one will be coming in on Monday.

Last edited:

JETaah

TDI
I did find those links yesterday. I made up a wrench like that welding it to a screwdriver handle. The tool would work but I used a very light weight 12 point box end from an ignition wrench set and sliced it to fit the shaft. It flexes too much to do the initial cracking of the nut...in fact it may have sprung open a tad when it was cut.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
you do not need to pull the valve cover to replace the actuator! Just pull the turbo inlet pipe, and outlet hose and you can get at it.

ljo

TDI
2009 Jetta
When an VNT actuator goes bad, will it produce a boost leak? My 2009 Jetta with under 50K miles is giving me fits. It started out as a bad exhaust flapper. I fixed that, and now about a week later I have a CEL, flashing GPL, and solid DPF light. Around 2K rpm, I hear what sounds like a boost leak, in the area of the VNT actuator. The actuator does hold vacuum, however. I am going to borrow my buddies VCDS cable to scan the vehicle, as soon as, he gets back into town. Any ideas in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks.

JETaah

TDI
When the actuator goes bad, as in 'cant hold vacuum well', the boost will be erratic or not at all. The charged air supply will not leak to the atmosphere because of that.

ljo

TDI
2009 Jetta
Update, if anyone cares. Found code p0299, due to a crack in the intercooler.

Last edited: