Replacement seat options

ibexlatham

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6spd - dead
Since I'm getting sick of the question "what happened to your drivers seat?" because it suffers a drastic case of the side cracking... what are replacement seat options that would be plug and play... or close to it...

I'm looking at either GLI or TDI Cup seats, either interlagos cloth or leather, even considering regular Jetta S cloth... but, I want to keep the heated seats and I dont want to have to get into complicated wiring... and I dont know if either would work because I'm not familiar with what options they offered with each seat. I also dont know how to identify if the cloth seats are heated or not...

Of course I could always just get a salvage yard seat but most drivers seats I find all have the description "a few small crack on the seat cushion", which indicates they're not far off from ending up in the same condition mine is in... or just go for broke and call up Katzkin...

ibexlatham

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 Jetta TDI 6spd - dead
Anyone know how to determine if a GTI seat is heated or not?

Or anyone know if recovering the seats, such as Katzkin, if the seat heater needs to be ordered with the new cover or if the old heater can be reused?

90quattrocoupe

TDI
2010 MV Jetta 6MT, other cars. 90 Audi QCoupe, wife's MV R32, kids' 2009 Jetta TDI
Anyone know how to determine if a GTI seat is heated or not?

Or anyone know if recovering the seats, such as Katzkin, if the seat heater needs to be ordered with the new cover or if the old heater can be reused?
You should be able to tell by the electrical connections on the seat. Pull yours and see what your connections look like. Then you can tell if the seat you want to replace yours with has the same connections.

The seat heater is usually part of cushion.

Greg W.